• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what are the most intimidating circumstances under which you've approached a girl?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
I'd say. Smoothness like that takes some finesse
smile.gif

My "˜American uncle' (my dad was an exchange student to the states over 30 years ago, and we are like family to them and vice-versa) is not a particularly attractive man (not the hunchback of Notre Dame either), but he always had very hot chicks because his charm is amazing, he just has this way of speaking to people, especially women that simply works wonders. I not as fortunate, as my charm comes after lots of practice....and did not come so naturally.

Jon.

WSW

Reaction score
You're a year and a month late, to be more precise. The further adventures of GQGeek are well known and documented...

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WSW
You're a year and a month late, to be more precise. The further adventures of GQGeek are well known and documented...

Yep. This story had a happy ending. He bumped into one of the guys from the group, talked sports and hit it off, forgot to ask about the girl and retired to his apartment with his new "buddy".

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had a few.

1. approaching a coworker on the school newspaper (things didn't work, but I still get to see her every other day). She's still not completely out of my mind; she said before that maybe college would be the best time for a relationship. Time will tell.

2. caught a beautiful girl traveling on her own from Washington to Copenhagen just as she was running down the jetway. I was at the end of the jetway waiting to make sure the door was secure from the outside, and she came running down since she was about to miss the flight. I told the flight attendant to hold the airplane so I could get her number
tounge.gif

Those are the ones that come to mind for me.

JB

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
I've had a few.

1. approaching a coworker on the school newspaper (things didn't work, but I still get to see her every other day). She's still not completely out of my mind; she said before that maybe college would be the best time for a relationship. Time will tell.

2. caught a beautiful girl traveling on her own from Washington to Copenhagen just as she was running down the jetway. I was at the end of the jetway waiting to make sure the door was secure from the outside, and she came running down since she was about to miss the flight. I told the flight attendant to hold the airplane so I could get her number
tounge.gif

Those are the ones that come to mind for me.

JB

I would not have had the balls for that in high school. Props.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
well asking a girl out is not like a reese's peanut butter cup; there are plenty of wrong ways to do it.

just be yourself, if she likes you she'll come around eventually.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WSW

Geez, even relatively new members know about them. I'm starting to question my decision to post about this sort of thing on the forums! Despite my desire to entertain, I think I shall abstain from posting the details of my future such failures. For the record, I have had a recent history of going for long-shots... You know, lesbians, girls with boyfriends, 2 girls at the same time... :p

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would not have had the balls for that in high school. Props
Thanks. Helps if you know the flight attendant too
smile.gif

JB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Geez, even relatively new members know about them. I'm starting to question my decision to post about this sort of thing on the forums! Despite my desire to entertain, I think I shall abstain from posting the details of my future such failures. For the record, I have had a recent history of going for long-shots... You know, lesbians, girls with boyfriends, 2 girls at the same time... :p

Don't let the sceptics keep you down. Someday you're going to bag that Amazonian blonde-haired Asian lesbian nymphomaniac cooking instructor! Then you'll have the last laugh on Ed and Matt! Keep the flame alive, GQ!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
... 2 girls at the same time... :p

Peter Gibbons: What would you do if you had a million dollars?
Lawrence: I'll tell you what I'd do, man: two chicks at the same time, man.
Peter Gibbons: That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?
Lawrence: Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I were a millionaire I could hook that up, too; 'cause chicks dig dudes with money.
Peter Gibbons: Well, not all chicks.
Lawrence: Well, the type of chicks that'd double up on a dude like me do.
Peter Gibbons: Good point.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If its still pertinant, I "approached" a chick at a small party once who was in the midst of a violent red wine blackout. She had a compound bow and a whole quiver of arrows, and was shooting them around inside at the guests (It was her party). Luckily she was pretty incompetant at that point, and didn't really injure anyone. But several near misses were killing the friendly vibe. I took her into the bedroom and physically held her down until she actually passed out. We made out when she woke up.

But its pretty intimidating trying to try and sweet talk a beligerent drunk with a weapon trained on you.
She doesn't really drink wine anymore, BTW.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
If its still pertinant, I "approached" a chick at a small party once who was in the midst of a violent red wine blackout. She had a compound bow and a whole quiver of arrows, and was shooting them around inside at the guests (It was her party). Luckily she was pretty incompetant at that point, and didn't really injure anyone. But several near misses were killing the friendly vibe. I took her into the bedroom and physically held her down until she actually passed out. We made out when she woke up.

But its pretty intimidating trying to try and sweet talk a beligerent drunk with a weapon trained on you.
She doesn't really drink wine anymore, BTW.

I say you should marry her...cuz that will make a great "Hey Daddy. How did you and mommy meet?" story.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shellshock
i definitely agree with this as long as you're not creepy about it. a nice boy at a party once told me he liked my belt while we were in the kitchen. that was cute.

one time when i was 17 and in the grocery store parking lot some man that was well over 40 did the "do i know you from somewhere?" thing and i was marsupialed and thought he actually might know my parents or something but then busted out a 'wanna go for coffee' and i subsequently wanted to vomit and told him i had a boyfriend and hurried off. that was NOT cute.

good luck!

I was at a party and a girl told me "Those pants fit you really well!" I was a bit more than creeped out. Mainly because she is a creepy Uber Christian and knows that I have a girlfriend. So to embarrass her I said something about just telling me she likes the way I stuff my junk into tight pants, and said it a bit loud so a lot of people could hear me.

Other than that not many girls have had the "balls" to come up and say anything about me or just randomly to me (or im just ugly, I think the first one sounds better) then again I did have some girls say "wow, he's cute," as I was walking out of the mall towards them, just last weekend.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads