• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Berluti shoe thread

Georges5

Reaction score
Last but not least....the Richelieu Palomar for the hot days of Paris, Manhattan, Venezia....now in the Berluti shops !

palomarssaq6.jpg

musicboohoo[1].gif

http://www.souliers.net/new/images/s...s/palomars.jpg

In shoes I trust....Thanks to LVMH !

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Georges5
In shoes I trust....Thanks to LVMH !

Thanks to LVMH???

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I'm more interested in seeing JFK's pair. That would be cool.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
I'm more interested in seeing JFK's pair. That would be cool.

How about Noriega's pair? And Bokassa's pair is in the Guinness Book of World Records as the most expensive shoes made.

bryce330

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
I love shoes and yet hate Berluti. How did this happen?

To each his own. I would gladly have my one pair of Olga III Alessandro whole-cuts rather than 200 pairs of boring C&Js or Aldens.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bryce330
To each his own.

Agreed. I must admit I haven't been in a Berluti shop but was left cold by the selection at Barneys.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I must admit I haven't been in a Berluti shop but was left cold by the selection at Barneys.
Stop by a shop in Milan, London or Paris and check out the Olga III collection. You might like some.

Berluti no doubt varies wildly from hideous to gorgeous in my opinion.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
And Bokassa's pair is in the Guinness Book of World Records as the most expensive shoes made.
Hmmm, I did not see that. What was the price?

bryce330

Reaction score
Stop by a shop in Milan, London or Paris and check out the Olga III collection. You might like some. Berluti no doubt varies wildly from hideous to gorgeous in my opinion.
Very true. I consider myself a big Berluti fan, but the fact is that I probably wouldn't wear 95% of the styles they offer. I just think that those other 5% (such as the Club Norvegese, the Olga III Alessandro, and the Andy loafers) are some of the most beautiful shoes in the world, notwithstanding the relatively low price/quality ratio.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Stop by a shop in Milan, London or Paris and check out the Olga III collection. You might like some. Berluti no doubt varies wildly from hideous to gorgeous in my opinion.
Originally Posted by bryce330
Very true. I consider myself a big Berluti fan, but the fact is that I probably wouldn't wear 95% of the styles they offer. I just think that those other 5% (such as the Club Norvegese, the Olga III Alessandro, and the Andy loafers) are some of the most beautiful shoes in the world, notwithstanding the relatively low price/quality ratio.
I have been to many Berluti shops and have never seen a pair that I would want to buy. Perhaps if somebody gave me the Andy loafers I might wear them. Then again, I love my Budapesters so tastes vary.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads