• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dukes of Hazzard's "General Lee" at $2.3 million and still time left!!!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I prefer mine in black.

But it IS a beautiful car.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow, it's not even a genuine HemiCuda but a bastardized version with a 511 engine and a different suspension and transmission.

I guess that there is so much wealth out there and worship of celebrities that this car will sell for an outrageous price.

Don't forget that there is a lot of hype on items like this though.

A few weeks ago there was a report that Anna Nicole Smiths diaries had sold on Ebay for about $500,00, and then they were sold for $59,750 (with the original owner retaining the publishing rights). Seems to be a bit of hype in that report.

ANS diary sales story

Faded501s

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Wow, it's not even a genuine HemiCuda but a bastardized version with a 511 engine and a different suspension and transmission.

^ +1.

About 5 or 6 years ago I saw a General Lee in Australia on ebay that didn't get an opening bid of $39K. Supposedly it was 1 of 26 or something like that.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
WTF, how can it be the "original" if it has an engine from 1998? And who's the nutjob bidding $2M?

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chrysler styling went downhill after '67. Which, coincidently, is the year of my car a Plymouth Satellite.

Also, the hemi engine is very heavy, unless it is an aluminum block the "crate hemi" would be like putting a boulder on the front of your car. It wouldn't handle well at all.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
$9.9 million with 22 minutes left! (And the line after the high bid is still "Get low monthly payments")

You know no one is paying 10 mil for that car.

If John Schneider already made his opus "Collier & Co" and that movie did not make enough money to finance a "Collier & Co 2", why is he selling off his personal assets to fund the sequel?

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some redneck has a lot of money
laugh.gif

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
You know no one is paying 10 mil for that car.

If John Schneider already made his opus "Collier & Co" and that movie did not make enough money to finance a "Collier & Co 2", why is he selling off his personal assets to fund the sequel?

I saw an AP story on this, and apparently the bidder is legit. He owns a knife business, or Web site, or somesuch.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is more than many race winning Ferrari & Porsche! Talk of insane...

MrRogers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
who's the nutjob bidding $2M?

Probably one of those hicks who won the lottery and realized they had 245million left after putting new shoos on the pick-up and buying new patio furniture.

MrR

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is an astonishing amount for one of many production runs of this famous car.

Until now, I believe the highest price ever paid for an American car at auction was $5.5M for Carroll Shelby's personal Cobra Super Snake.

caelte

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Girardian
This is an astonishing amount for one of many production runs of this famous car.

Until now, I believe the highest price ever paid for an American car at auction was $5.5M for Carroll Shelby's personal Cobra Super Snake.

I bet John is in his garage, right now, working on another one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads