• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Buzzcut

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shave it all off, let it grow out for 2 weeks - repeat. Easiest hair do(n´t) in the world!

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm considering going all suedeheaded again this summer, and waiting another 10 months for it to grow back to where it's at now.

I don't think my scalp likes me with long hair. I'm losing hair so easily that even if I drag my fingers throw my hair, about 5 hairs fall out each time.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I buzz my head. People say I look like JT :dunno:

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
you aren't your ******* haircut

sorry i just had to, your name is tyler durden right.

but seriously, cut your hair however you feel like it should be cut.

fatty

Reaction score
***** digs short hair. Personal preference really.

BigHandMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
I get a #1 all over.

ALL OVER
laugh.gif
or just all over?

Then again... I'm not sure I want to know...

adversity04

Reaction score
Just did mine an hour ago for the first time in about a year. It feels great and I'll be happy to not have a full head of hair when I move down to Austin in a month or so.

If you're still on the fence, go for it :p

samb_88

Reaction score
i used to get a buzzcut when i was younger, but around 14 or 15 i realized that bcuz of my skinny frame, it did not look particularly well, especially wen i tried to chop girls. So since then i have been keeping my hair medium length (like 2.5 inches or so) and it has gotten a much better response! yet i do miss the comfort of the buzzcut, the look not so much.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll say this.... don't knock it until you've tried it. I'm farily pale and skinny and it works suprisingly well, most girls say it looks good on me. I dunno, maybe it's because I have a strong jaw line.

I originally used to use #2 all over but my current style is a #6 on the top and maybe #3 on the sides... kind of a "grown out buzz cut" look.

You don't really need to go to a barber. Just go to Target or whatever and buy a trimmer/clipper set. You just need to run the trimmer over your head in every direction, it's pretty much foolproof. Start with 1/2" or so and work your way down until you figure out the desired length.

ang_kangkong

Reaction score
Does anyone with the buzz use product to groom it after washing it? I'm constantly trying out new stuff, and I don't know that I like it. Right now, I'm alternately using American Crew's Forming Cream, their Matte cream, and Redken's Thickening lotion. The Redken looks like it flakes after running my fingers through my hair (I do this kinda frequently now, an affectation that I just picked up, probably because the hair feels good), the Matte Cream seems to flake as well, the Forming Cream is all right, but I worry too much scalp is showing (hair loss is a *****).

Comments?

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
I have to agree that skinny guys look better with longer hair. I began growing mine out a few years ago and my fortunes with the opposite sex have improved. Yeah, it is just hair and you need the charm to back it up, but first impressions are important.

gdc_2008

Reaction score
The amazing thing about hair is that is grows back.

Mixwell

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
I have to agree that skinny guys look better with longer hair. I began growing mine out a few years ago and my fortunes with the opposite sex have improved.

Hmm, this is interesting. I'm a skinny guy (6'1", 155lbs), and all my lady friends have vetoed my plans to grow out my hair. I tend to think it looks good with my jawline, but I'm sort of bored of the cut -- it's been the same since age 14.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads