• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.tailorstore.com - anyone try ordering any of their $40 MTM shirts?

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by csgrad
I have a quick question, are button plackets stronger than no button plackets? I have a tendency to wear shirts tight, and therefore stretch the button closing, it would seem the extra placket stitching would make it less likely for the seams to rip.

How tight is your shirt that you rip the sleeve placket open. or have your cuffs shrunk too much.

Carl

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Please report back, those who ordered!

This sounds like it could be a decent resource for guys who need to stock up on shirts or are moderately hard to fit. Aside from the great website, one thing that seems promising is that in the measuring process using a shirt, they include armhole.

water

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven
why so negitive.
plastic buttons can be changed.
split yoke is for show at that price point.

nonremovable stays are a problem to me as well, but not the end of the world either.
so for $40-50 it still sounds ok.

Of course to me the key is what sort of fusings are they using.

Carl

Not trying to be negative as much as provide curious parties with further information.

Non-removable stays are a big pet peeve of mine. I agree the split yoke is for show but I prefer it to the plain yoke. All in all I think Jantzen is still a better option if you can stand the often infuriating lack of customer service.

CoryB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by water
All in all I think Jantzen is still a better option if you can stand the often infuriating lack of customer service.

I think it can be stated that Jantzen is the best that can be had (at the pricepoint) if you can deal the customer service; I am not willing to.

The site just added quite a few fabrics and I hope more are coming.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by water
Not trying to be negative as much as provide curious parties with further information.

Non-removable stays are a big pet peeve of mine. I agree the split yoke is for show but I prefer it to the plain yoke. All in all I think Jantzen is still a better option if you can stand the often infuriating lack of customer service.

Too bad about the non-removable stays, they were looking like a promising alternative to Jantzen.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78
Too bad about the non-removable stays, they were looking like a promising alternative to Jantzen.

Just order button downs.
laugh.gif

CoryB

Reaction score
If several us email them asking about removable stays they will probably add that option. This looks like a newcomer to the online field and if several of their first emails mention a feature they will likely accomodate.

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CoryB
I think it can be stated that Jantzen is the best that can be had (at the pricepoint) if you can deal the customer service; I am not willing to.
Indeed, but the problem to me is a worrysome evolution. I ordered 5 shirts from Jantzen. #1 took a little more than a month to come, #2 took a month and a half, #3 took 2 months, #4 took 3 months, #5 has been ordered 4 months ago now, and is still not there.

water

Reaction score
I had given up on Jantzen after ordering a number of shirts from them but never seeming to get it "right". Recently, I was looking in my closet, thought "why not" and decided to give it one more try. This time I sent pictures as well as measurements. Ricky e-mailed to tell me that they are currently working through a huge backorder. No doubt the ever growing pile of orders is the cause for the many delays; that and the fact that organization does not seem to be Jantzen's strong point. Nevertheless, I am really hoping this order turns out good. In the meantime, everyone should e-mail tailorstore.com and ask for removable collar stays. And mother of pearl buttons. And split yokes.
smile.gif

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78

i don't think this would be a big deal, but then, i wash and iron my shirts myself. just wash cold and be careful when laundering.

i might just order one next week.

and one of these days i will try to send something in to janzten......

The Swede

Reaction score
I've had a shirt ordered from tailorshirt. The quality is pretty good considering the price. My primary complaint is the collar, the "classic" option is very pointy and long, giving a somewhat mafioso vibe to it. Here is a swedish fashion forum thread concerning their shirts. Most of you will not understand what everyone is saying but there are a lot of pictures within.

http://www.manligt.net/viewtopic.php...=asc&start=450

CoryB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Swede
I've had a shirt ordered from tailorshirt. The quality is pretty good considering the price. My primary complaint is the collar, the "classic" option is very pointy and long, giving a somewhat mafioso vibe to it. Here is a swedish fashion forum thread concerning their shirts. Most of you will not understand what everyone is saying but there are a lot of pictures within.

http://www.manligt.net/viewtopic.php...=asc&start=450

Can anyone give a quick run though of the opinion from that site. I tried running an online translation, but other than some humour the result wasn't very good. Is there agreement that the measurements are accurate to the product, etc? Some of the pictures look good while some look bad, but I suspect that is fit choice and measurements.

Confucius

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Swede
I've had a shirt ordered from tailorshirt. The quality is pretty good considering the price. My primary complaint is the collar, the "classic" option is very pointy and long, giving a somewhat mafioso vibe to it.

This was one of my concerns when looking at the site. I might go for the cut-away if that's the case.

Also a bit disappointed about the non-removable collar stays. I might still give them a crack once I've paid off this month's CC bill!

The Swede

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CoryB
Can anyone give a quick run though of the opinion from that site. I tried running an online translation, but other than some humour the result wasn't very good. Is there agreement that the measurements are accurate to the product, etc? Some of the pictures look good while some look bad, but I suspect that is fit choice and measurements.

You can either use measurements from a favorite shirt or from your body. The consensus from the users of the Swedish site (and me) is that you probably need to order at least three shirts before everything is perfect. Seeing as the price is low this is pretty ok. My first shirt was actually quite decent, the collar and cuffs were both to big however. During each stage of the measuring process there are pictures and tips on how large the measurements usually are so you do not go completely off base. Some people complained about receiving shirts not corresponding to their measurements. As I have understood, tailorshirts has pretty good customer service, they probably will not change your shirt but they will give you the next one free.

My problem with them is, as I specified before, their collars.

I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads