• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best denim tailor in LA?

revival

Reaction score
Just to set the record straight, I am from Denim Revival and we have the original tailors. I split with the owner of HTC and he kept the name. He has set up shop in his store on Beverly. We do everything onsite unlike HTC where they take your clothes offsite to be worked on. Our turn around time for hems is (depending on how busy we are) is usually 2 to 3 days. Major alterations is usually 6 to 10 days. Repairs anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks depending again how busy and how large the repairs are.I understand some of these posts are from people on HTC's payroll but to those that aren't it seems weird that if you "asked" for a chainstitch or the extra fabric and didn't receive that when picking up that you didn't say something so it could be fixed on the spot? I know I would. So I think this might be an attempt to badmouth on HTC's behalf? If I order a beer and the waiter brings me a sprite I am going to say something, not run to a website and talk trash.Sorry to sound harsh but let's be fair to all parties. By the way if you have taken hems to other places and are unhappy we do redos other tailors all the time.

josephrex

Reaction score
I usually only lurk here, but I just have to say something...

The correct way to defend your business is not to belittle your dissatisfied customer or rag on about a rival business that has received better reviews than your own. When a tailor does a bad job on a piece of mine or doesn't listen to my specifications, I take it and never return. If you can't listen properly the first time, why would I let you near my expensive clothes again with scissors? First impressions are everything.

I live 2 blocks away from HTC on beverly and they have always been super nice and done good work.

And aren't you talking trash on a website?

Originally Posted by revival
I understand some of these posts are from people on HTC's payroll but to those that aren't it seems weird that if you "asked" for a chainstitch or the extra fabric and didn't receive that when picking up that you didn't say something so it could be fixed on the spot? I know I would. So I think this might be an attempt to badmouth on HTC's behalf? If I order a beer and the waiter brings me a sprite I am going to say something, not run to a website and talk trash.Sorry to sound harsh but let's be fair to all parties. By the way if you have taken hems to other places and are unhappy we do redos other tailors all the time.

modernarchitecture

Reaction score
I too just joined and usually do not involve myself on chat forums but I was googling info on denim and somehow wound up on this site. I noticed this thread and felt I needed to add my two cents on the matter.I was along time customer of Denim Doctors and a couple of months ago I received a phone call from them. Hollywood Trading Co. offered me a free hem. I took them up on the offer.I have to say I was very dissapointed by the original hem.It was done in the manner that my local tailor would have done by just folding it under and restitching it. It was definately not the way they have always done so. I took it over to the store on 3rd and they redid the hem the way I was used to. So I can personally tell you they have the original hems and I recognized the sewers in the back. Also I don't believe the owner of the Denim Revival was attacking anyone or belittling their competitors or people posting. I would for sure bring it to the attention to fix whatever was done wrong: food,tailoring, ect. I would never just walk away.

josephrex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by modernarchitecture
I too just joined and usually do not involve myself on chat forums but I was googling info on denim and somehow wound up on this site. =

I'm sure.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by josephrex
I'm sure.

at the perfect time I might add

spam[1].gif

Coulomb

Reaction score
Just to set the record straight, I am from Denim Revival and we have the original tailors. I split with the owner of HTC and he kept the name. He has set up shop in his store on Beverly. We do everything onsite unlike HTC where they take your clothes offsite to be worked on. Our turn around time for hems is (depending on how busy we are) is usually 2 to 3 days. Major alterations is usually 6 to 10 days. Repairs anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks depending again how busy and how large the repairs are.I understand some of these posts are from people on HTC's payroll but to those that aren't it seems weird that if you "asked" for a chainstitch or the extra fabric and didn't receive that when picking up that you didn't say something so it could be fixed on the spot? I know I would. So I think this might be an attempt to badmouth on HTC's behalf? If I order a beer and the waiter brings me a sprite I am going to say something, not run to a website and talk trash.Sorry to sound harsh but let's be fair to all parties. By the way if you have taken hems to other places and are unhappy we do redos other tailors all the time.

I wouldn't complain for several reasons.

1. poor credibility. clearly DD didn't know what a chainstitch was. I inquired over the phone and requested the service done in person. however when i received the hemmed jeans, they were only singled stitched.

2. poor customer service. i also specifically request to save the extra hem fabric for the purpose of future repair work. again this failed.

3. poor turn around time. at the time i did business with DD, the average turn around time for hemmed jeans was 2 weeks.

4. poor execution. I specifically requested the jeans to be hemmed to a 33. they were hemmed to a 34.

so considering the fact that DD provided little credibliity towards their understanding of what a chainstitch constitutes coupled with poor customer service, and deplorable turn around times, and general ineptness, why should i trust them any further? i didn't want to risk another debacle so at that point i felt that i should just cut my losses and seek better alternatives.

as for the trashing/bashing goes, i would suggest DD improve on their tailoring fundamentals and customer service in order to avoid future bashing. the facts are facts and how i choose to vocalizer/verbalize them is my choice. me not complaining directly to you doesn't affect the fact that you screwed up. all it means is you lost my trust and business. coming onto a public forum to defend yourself by attacking your customer whom _you_ have failed is perhaps the most inane means of repairing your reputuation.

alleyooptroop

Reaction score
revival-

so now that you're here could you give us more deets on what you offer? do you have a chainstitch machine? how much do you charge? i've been going to htc because they were the only ones in town who could do a chainstsitch hem. but if you offer the same thing faster and cheaper i'd be happy to give you my business.

revival

Reaction score
Bashing? If you could point that out maybe I could explain.I am also not here to defend anything.Simply set the record straight because there has been some confusion since the split of the two stores.I am also aware that most people(denim ect. connoisseurs)here are customers of HTC so I am basically coming to a forum that is not my customer neccessarily.To the one unhappy customer(Coloumb) you would actually be the first that I have heard from that was an unhappy customer.I wasn't "bashing" you or anyone else simply thought as a business owner an unhappy customer would give me a chance to make things right.After all we are all human and can make a mistake.I certainly wouldn't eat a meal that I didn't order at a restraunt, I would politely tell the waiter there was a mistake and I got the wrong order.If it happened again I would maybe eat elsewhere.We actually go the extra mile to make things work for our customers.Like in ALL businesses mistakes are made.We have a turn around time on major alterations and repairs because we are always slammed.If you don't believe me come and see.If you(Coloumb) had mentioned when picking up the jeans that the stitching on the hem was incorrect we could have fixed it on the spot as well as retrieve your extra fabric.We do not throw anything away.Instead you chose to take your jeans and come to a public forum to voice your complaint.I think that is strange but that's just me.
I also do not think mentioning that our competitor does all their work thru others and off site and that we do everything here under our roof is bashing but more standard.Watch commercials on cell phone companies ect. pretty standard to try and set yourself apart from your competition.I'm not here to win over customers obviously just to set the record straight.We do have the original tailors from the previus 8 years in business.That's huge credibility to our business.The payroll comment is just that.It's not an attack it's stating the obvious.Employees from HTC are on here and are probably all great people . In fact they are mutual friends with my employees.
To alleyoop we do chainstitch hems and have for years.We also do the original hems the correct way.Our tailors are the ones who perfected it.Our turn around time on chainstitch hems is usually 1-3 days except just recently when it took almost a week to get it repaired.So hopefully that helps.24$ for original hem and chainstitch but because we do fewer chainstitch hems we are pricing them at 20$.

revival

Reaction score
Actually Coulomb you're really the only one here who "bashed" my store.

Coulomb

Reaction score
Actually Coulomb you're really the only one here who "bashed" my store.

...and again how does that detract from the fact that you failed to satisfy a customer? I don't see how your comments are constructive or relevant to the situation. The point is you made a mistake and you suffered a negative review, is that causal relationship so difficult to grasp?

I don't understand why you make it appear as if the onus was me not giving you a second opportunity to make amends. Why would I? You lost my trust and my business.

I provided an honest testimonial of _my_ experience with DD, and based on that _I_ don't recommend DD. It's my opinion and I offered my experience as evidence to support that opinion.

revival

Reaction score
Your replies and posts speaks volumes. It's difficult to reason with someone that's perfect. I've said my peace.

alleyooptroop

Reaction score
hey revival- how about a styleforum discount for members? htc is still cheaper but if you can meet their price and turn it around quicker, i'll be over this week.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I too actually had very shoddy workmanship done by what is now known as denim revival. I had the franken hem done awhile back and the edges kept curling up it looked marsupialed. They even used the wrong color thread when they assured me over and over it would look "original".

revival

Reaction score
First of all could you please tell us what a Franken hem is??? We have been doing hems for 8 years and have never heard the term. So either that is how you describe the type of hem or you are lying about having a hem done here which makes your alliance with some of the other posters a scam. If you have had a hem or other alteration done at our store your name would be in our computer and we could figure this out in 2 seconds...

Karma...

revival

Reaction score
I'm done doing this on here.I've said what I needed to say and I think anyone outside of this little circle stirring problems will decipher the truth.It's a free world and people will go where they want to and that's what makes america beautiful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics