• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Kiya your Flathead blank tshirts, are they as thick as the loopwheeler ones? Blog on website said its made the same way as the loopwheeler.

Eric Stoner

Reaction score
Hi Kiya, I've heard that Sugarcane will stop producing their repro cuts this year. Have you heard this too being a seller?

Should I be stocking up? I love my '47's.

Cali

Reaction score
That would be crazy, like Levis not making the 501.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Kiya, The first Flat Head shirt in your blog (second to latest entry), is it gray? What material is it? And it's a button down rather than a snap button shirt, right?
This shirt?
DSC05305-789364.JPG
It's called "black chambray" but it's closer to "dark grey".. It's actually snap buttons, pretty much ALL western style shirts from all the Japanese companies have snap buttons. That's how they break up their designs.. Western Shirt = Snap Buttons Work Shirts = Traditional Button/Hole Style

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eric Stoner
Hi Kiya, I've heard that Sugarcane will stop producing their repro cuts this year. Have you heard this too being a seller?

Should I be stocking up? I love my '47's.

This is true, that's all i'm saying for now..
We had a 6 hour long meeting last week at the Edge...
All repro cuts will be discontinued soon and to be replaced with three new cuts.
-Bootcut
-Straight Leg
-Self Edge x Sugarcane Slim Cut

cd1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
All repro cuts will be discontinued soon and to be replaced with three new cuts.
-Bootcut
-Straight Leg

Does this mean that the se x sc collaboration will no longer be a very limited release?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This shirt?
DSC05305-789364.JPG

It's called "black chambray" but it's closer to "dark grey"..
It's actually snap buttons, pretty much ALL western style shirts from all the Japanese companies have snap buttons.
That's how they break up their designs..
Western Shirt = Snap Buttons
Work Shirts = Traditional Button/Hole Style

Hmmm... do you know the weight of the shirt material? (and do you have any of the black/grey flannels left?)

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This shirt?
DSC05305-789364.JPG
It's called "black chambray" but it's closer to "dark grey".. It's actually snap buttons, pretty much ALL western style shirts from all the Japanese companies have snap buttons. That's how they break up their designs.. Western Shirt = Snap Buttons Work Shirts = Traditional Button/Hole Style

That's really sweet. Looks pretty lightweight based on the wrinkles. The short cuffs (for a western shirt) are probably a good thing - the long ones are kind of a pain to roll up.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Hmmm... do you know the weight of the shirt material? (and do you have any of the black/grey flannels left?)

It's fairly light weight, i'd say around 6oz or 7oz..
They're VERY nice.. people coming into the store have been loving the chambray shirts.
this doesn't need to be said again, but ALL the Flat Head shirts are quite amazing regardless of fabric or pattern or cut. Just ask anybody that's bought one..

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eric Stoner
Hi Kiya, I've heard that Sugarcane will stop producing their repro cuts this year. Have you heard this too being a seller? Should I be stocking up? I love my '47's.
that's very sad. i can't even believe it. wow. ugh.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
-Bootcut
-Straight Leg

Hopefully it will come with some love for the long legged. Give me a Hawaii in a straight leg with a longer inseam and
inlove.gif

GameBoy

Reaction score
The new wallets look phenomenal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads