• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 2007 NBA Playoffs

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
I keep imagining what might have been if the rumored JKidd to LA deal earlier in the season had gone through... can you imagine how ridiculously entertaining a Lakers/Suns series would have been with Kidd playing point on one end and Nash on the other?

So excited for the Warriors/Mavs tonight... I wonder if the bridge meltdown is going to prevent people from getting to the game tonight. Gonna be a lot of packed BART trains.

Augustus Medici

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
I keep imagining what might have been if the rumored JKidd to LA deal earlier in the season had gone through... can you imagine how ridiculously entertaining a Lakers/Suns series would have been with Kidd playing point on one end and Nash on the other?

So excited for the Warriors/Mavs tonight... I wonder if the bridge meltdown is going to prevent people from getting to the game tonight. Gonna be a lot of packed BART trains.

O Mavs, you have disappointed me so.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
If Nowitzky becomes this year MVP (most likely) and the Mavs get ousted by Golden State, it will be a perfect example of everything wrong with the voting process. Dirk shows little, if any, leadership when the stake is high and is practically useless on defense. And the MVP, contrary to popular belief, doesn't have to be awarded to the best player on the winning-est team.

Kobe Bryant deserves it much more. Similar (albeit less convincing IMO) arguments can also be made for Nash or McGrady.

I agree 100%, I was for Dirk earlier this season, but he has proven that he lacks the ability to carry the team on his back.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This GS/Dallas series is nuts; it's certainly not over yet, but Game 3 was ugly, and I'd be scared as hell if I were a Mavs fan. I should point out here that I definitely did not see this coming, even though I did think that maybe there was something to all those arguments about the season sweep and the tough match-ups the Warriors present. If nothing else, I've discovered that they're fun as hell to watch. Note to all you league haters - tune in Tuesday night for some ruckus; I'd put money on Game 5 being ten times better than anything the tourney had to offer this year.

WSW

Reaction score
Yea, Game 5 will be quite a show. I think Baron Davis is the best player in the playoffs right now. I always thought he was a pretty good player but never knew he could ball at this high a level.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1
Baron has really stepped it up, and consequently Jackson is no longer being arested outside stripclubs.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some predictions about tonight's Utah-Houston game? Preferably before the game.

Utah blew the Rockets out in Salt Lake City twice. Do you think there will be a spillover effect?

The Rockets are still favorites in tonight's game, and for the series (primarily because of the home court advantage), but there's some worry here in Space City.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
This GS/Dallas series is nuts

It's awesome. Maybe it's just the thrill of watching the underdog succeed against the biggest powerhouse in the league (during the regular season), but the last couple games in the series have been amazing. The Warriors just look like they want it so much more than the Mavs. And Baron Davis... even setting aside the miracle halfcourt shot at the end of the first half, he's hit every big shot he's taken. There were times last night when he looked like someone took Allen Iverson's quickness and toughness, grafted on Dwyane Wade's near-gymnastic abilities, then crossed it all with a rottweiler... so good.

Originally Posted by rnoldh
Some predictions about tonight's Utah-Houston game? Preferably before the game.

The Rockets. They've gotta have more pride than THAT. Then again, I was saying the same thing about the Heat before game 4 of that series, so....

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
The Rockets. They've gotta have more pride than THAT. Then again, I was saying the same thing about the Heat before game 4 of that series, so....

Give me the Jazz. Deron Williams is arguably the most underrated player in the league. Had he played for a big market team, his stats (17ppg - 8apg - 6.5rpg) would earn him a place next to Nash and Kidd as the league's best PG. A very good defender too. Boozer and Okur are solid as well; only if AK-47 played anywhere near his capabilities...

Pink22m

Reaction score
Go Warriors!!! I can't say how ecstatic I am to have the Warriors not only IN the playoffs, but on the brink of actually upsetting the number one seeded Mavericks. I have been a long and suffering Warriors fan, and have endured countless seasons of poor trades, indifferent players and an overall poor level of play. I was at game 3 on Friday night, and the emotion in the building was enormous. The last playoff game I went to was back in 1994 in game 3, when the Warriors got swept by the Suns, and were taken to school by Charles Barkley's 28 point first quarter performance.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm readlily hoing that this is a series based on home-court advantage. My wife and I are going to the game tonight and we're both Rockets fan, but I can't help but think that if they lose to tonight, they'll lose the series. I got confidence in Yao and T-mac, but it's the bench and role players who make me nervous.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Give me the Jazz. Deron Williams is arguably the most underrated player in the league. Had he played for a big market team, his stats (17ppg - 8apg - 6.5rpg) would earn him a place next to Nash and Kidd as the league's best PG. A very good defender too. Boozer and Okur are solid as well; only if AK-47 played anywhere near his capabilities...
I'll second your comment on Deron Williams, however you failed to mention that he is also a good defender. Him along with Boozers health is the reason for their success this season. I'm glad to see such pointguards as Williams and Paul, I believe teams are again recognizing how important that position is.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Raps on life support ...
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics