• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to get rid of the man boobs and gut?

dewy

Reaction score
Hi there, I am 16 and am not exactly over weight, but I am fat, I way about 75-80KGs but I have man boobs and a gut, I was wondering what is the reccomneded and healtyiest way of getting rid of these. At the moment I dont really exercise other than usual walking around school and shopping center after school until the bus comes. I dont drink any cola/pespi etc. Mainly living off water with the odd bit of Lemon Drink (Solo), I dont drink alchol, smoke or use drugs. I usually only eat once a day and that is what i buy myself at the local shopping center, which is usually a McDonalds meal or a Pizza. Is there exercises/easy to follow diet that I can use to shed the excess body fat. And approximately how long would it take to do?

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Easy answer is eat less, eat healthily and exercise more. Did you want an easier way to lose flab? If you find one, please let me know
smile.gif

dewy

Reaction score
No, I wasn't exactly after an "easier" way I was after a healty way to do it and some suggestions, ie what type of exercises how often and how long? And a rough diet type of thing that wont cost much.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Besides the obvious exercise, eating once a day is also unhealthy and can really work against you, especially if that one meal is crap like McDonalds or some greasy pizza. Eating three healthy meals during the day will keep your metabolism going and will help you greatly when you start working out.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Don't they make you guys take gym class anymore?

veyrall

Reaction score
Losing the gut is pure aerobic and metabolic work. Eating often and regularly(keep the meals healthy) will help in the long run, but running, dancing, aerobic activity of any sort is essential. Make sure to do it for at least 30 minutes but an hour or so is optimal (don't do any more though. Health nazis may say otherwise, but its really not necessary or helpful)

However, the boy-boobies are simple. Just do pectoral exercises and they'll start to flatten out right away (meaning 1-2 weeks before noticeable improvement)

This advice is all based on my experience. You should really talk to some of the people you meet your local gym or football team. Don't take them too seriously, though. They'll try to give you advice to turn you into a bodybuilder/left forward. Chances are, you don't have the time nor whim to do that, so go easy on yourself.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Im guessing you are Australian, right?

Anyhow, my advice - join a boxing gym. Few hours a week, learn a very handy skill, and really gets the flab falling off.

dewy

Reaction score
Yup, I am Australian :)

I have been trying to do some running but I get puffed really really easy (ie 200metres and I am fooked, is there ways to devlop endurance?).
I am trying to learn a few dance moves but I wont really be able to use them until I am of age to go the clubs, and well I'd like to be fit and in descent shape before I have to do that.
Thanks for the pectoral exercises tip, I am goolging some now.
I have been trying to get into a good eating habit but I am in and out of home so much usually in, getting dressed, and head back out to go to school/work and not spending much time at home. The constant good eating really isn't that easy :-(
I think I might have to look into a gym/boxing club but I would have to find one first. I know there are none close to me. Tho I think there is a gym at the newcastle uni which is near my school, maybe I could look at member ship to that and see if the general public can access it.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would beware of aerobic exercise that has a high impact on your joints, running for example.

Lower impact exercises would include biking and swimming. Swimming could also help with the pec problem.

If the local uni has a pool [fairly likely], perhaps you can join as a community member.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dewy
I think I might have to look into a gym/boxing club but I would have to find one first. I know there are none close to me.

So you are in Newcastle then.....

Bank Corner Boxing Gym, 700 Hunter Street, Newcastle, NSW, Australia, Ph: 02 4929 2185

Entertainment Centre Boxing Gym, Entertainment Centre, Newcastle, NSW, Australia, Ph: 02 4964 1331

For raw cardio and fat burning, boxing trumps all the other martial arts Ive done over the years

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walk more. Do push-ups. Eat less.

Rolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dewy

I have been trying to do some running but I get puffed really really easy (ie 200metres and I am fooked, is there ways to devlop endurance?).

Keep at it. You'd be amazed how fast your body can adapt.

I started running at the end of November and could only get a mile and half before I was completely knackered. By the end of February, I could run a half marathon without stopping.

My advice is to be patient and take things slow. The problem that most folks have is that they want to fix everything too quickly. Dropping a pound a week doesn't seem like much, but it really starts to add up. Importantly, what you have to do to lose a pound a week isn't very drastic and thus can easily become a part of your lifestyle. Drastic changes in behavior won't stick.

For example, if you're getting a large order of fries every day. That equals 2 pounds every three weeks. Skipping them means you'll lose some weight (or keep from putting more on).

The big problem, as someone else mentioned, is that eating only one is really bad. When you eat seldomly, your body isn't sure when your going to eat next and responds by storing energy (putting on fat). Eat a lot of small meals spaced over the day. This has a number of benefits. First, it keeps you body's starvation response from triggering. Second, it helps keep you from binging because you just don't get so hungry.

Does it work? At the beginning of 2006 I weighed 175 pounds, had a 42" chest, 42" waist, 35" hips. At the end of November, before I started seriously exercising, I was down to 137 pounds, had a 37" chest, 32" waist and 33" hips.

Specifically what I did was started to drink a protein & yogurt shake for breakfast. Usually a handful of nuts as a snack around 10 am. A sensible lunch (usually a chicken breast sandwich or fish). An apple or nuts around 3pm. A sensible dinner. I tried to skip fried foods.

In short, eat more often and eat better - pay some attention to calories and fat content. Increase your activity level even if it is just walking faster/further while shopping. And, most important, be patient.

It also helps to keep a log as you can see your progress (and in my case it helps keep me on track because I don't want to write things down if I've been bad).

adversity04

Reaction score
The big problem, as someone else mentioned, is that eating only one is really bad. When you eat seldomly, your body isn't sure when your going to eat next and responds by storing energy (putting on fat). Eat a lot of small meals spaced over the day. This has a number of benefits. First, it keeps you body's starvation response from triggering. Second, it helps keep you from binging because you just don't get so hungry..........
In short, eat more often and eat better - pay some attention to calories and fat content. Increase your activity level even if it is just walking faster/further while shopping. And, most important, be patient.

It also helps to keep a log as you can see your progress (and in my case it helps keep me on track because I don't want to write things down if I've been bad).
+1

He's hit the nail on the head with everything there. If you're constantly on the go just carry a small bag with a couple pieces of fruit and a sandwich. Also, you'll want to set aside about an hour a day as exercise/personal time where you can go for a walk, bike, run, swim or do some weights. It makes it much easier if you say from 7-8 I'm going to do X, Y and/or Z.

Raz

Reaction score
I have the same problem I have man boobs and a gut as well. Though my arms are very skinny (I don't know why) and I have to act soon. I walk more then 2 miles every day but still I am gaining wait

Well my breakfast is a good old cuppa and a slice of bread and all day long I don't eat any thing I drink plenty of water and then a cup of tea in late afternoon and I try to eat a sensible dinner.

I don't drink alcohol, smoke or use drugs. No coke etc

I am not a Gym member because I am job less these days so what exercises can I do with out going to gym

Many thanks

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll take a lot of flak for this, but what the hell.

When I was going through puberty, I had massive man breasts. I'm talking like small A-cups. I wasn't fat, not even husky, but my chest exploded like Hiroshima.

The vast majority of mass in my chest wasn't fat; it was actual breast tissue. The doc said it had something to do with abnormal levels of estrogen. Anyways, I had two surgeries to remove the sag bags. First was liposuction, which didn't do much at all. The second was invasive. My nipple was removed, the tissue was extracted, and the nipple was reattached.

I'd check with a doctor and make sure your man boobs aren't actually full of breast tissue. That will never go away, regardless of how much weight you lose.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads