• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Briefcase Appreciation thread

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My Filson field satchel, made from bridle leather. It's pretty awesome now, but in a couple more years it's going to be off-the-chart sweet.

If anyone is interested, I have a the same case, brand new in box with tags, for $200 off retail. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...lson+briefcase

dsc0008ph0.jpg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My soft-sided Barantani brief
80326_29

Silk

Reaction score
What do you guys think about this briefcase?

0685_1_b.JPG

I am thinking of getting it. I like the idea of having two pockets on the side of the briefcase for putting personal effects.

gefinzi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nate10184
Is this from the seller nick1974selling on ebay? Though most of his items end up way out of my price range I love to ooh and ahh at the vintage leather items he sells. Some of the briefcases are unbelievable.

EDIT:

Just remembered I saved a couple photos of one I really liked.

coolbriefcase.JPG

coolbriefcase2.JPG

Yes, from the same fellow.

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gefinzi
Yes, from the same fellow.

Do you have his exact ID? nick1974 isn't a seller and I couldn't find it in the close matches.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Silk
What do you guys think about this briefcase?

0685_1_b.JPG

I am thinking of getting it. I like the idea of having two pockets on the side of the briefcase for putting personal effects.

Looks like a nice design, though you do have to open both buckles to get into those pockets. I guess that's either a security feature or an irritation. I can't tell about the leather, though.

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
"nick1974selling" is the username, I gather.

<< smacks head with the obvious >> I thought it was a typo up there.

BankerBoi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
By popular demand, here's a briefcase thread. Post up your pics.

I'll start with one.

Those side patches are a bit ugly though.

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
The only Attaché case I want is the one with 8 gold sovereigns and a Walther PPK hidden inside a compartments.

Jon.

"Black attaché case damaged when examined. So sorry."

Originally Posted by BankerBoi
Those side patches are a bit ugly though.

What?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
I don't know what you mean.

I think it may have been an attempt at humour, referring to the two wallets as "side patches"

maxnharry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
My Filson field satchel, made from bridle leather. It's pretty awesome now, but in a couple more years it's going to be off-the-chart sweet.

If anyone is interested, I have a the same case, brand new in box with tags, for $200 off retail. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...lson+briefcase

dsc0008ph0.jpg

Wow-that case has lightened up significantly. How long have you been using it? I

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads