• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 2007 NBA Playoffs

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
I don't like it, but I think you are right. The Raps are too young and inexperienced to handle them this year. I hope that in a year or two that may no longer be the case.

I wouldn't fret too much--the Raptors future is VERY bright.

koji

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
I don't like it, but I think you are right. The Raps are too young and inexperienced to handle them this year. I hope that in a year or two that may no longer be the case.

Fine by me. The day the Nets move to Brooklyn is the day I stop being a Nets fan.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdc_2008
Woohoo! Go Warriors!

All of the big 3 in the West had poor game ones, it was kind of weird. The Spurs starters couldn't buy a bucket, though their bench was really solid, the Suns didn't start clicking until basically the fourth quarter, and Dallas looked off-kilter the whole game. I was happy to see Golden State take the first one, though, and really happy to see Denver take their first. This might end up being a more interesting first round than I thought.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rockets down by 12 in the second quarter against Utah right now.

If they can go up 3-0 in the series they become huge favorites to advance.

T-Macs on his game, if Yao gets going, maybe thay can come back.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank God, the Lakers won a game!

Bench Smush Parker = the solution to all problems in life.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Thank God, the Lakers won a game!

Bench Smush Parker = the solution to all problems in life.

Until he goes on a 3-point tear again like he did back in the 1930's.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
The Lakers won, glory be to Kobe (and... Brown!?), and Houston was historically bad--first time in playoff history that a team's had only four players score during the entire game.

Kobe's efficiency tonight was staggering. With the way he's learned to play in the last few years--able to effectively distribute and reign in his more selfish urges--he'd be unbelievable if he had a really solid second option. My vote's for KG.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
The Lakers won, glory be to Kobe (and... Brown!?), and Houston was historically bad--first time in playoff history that a team's had only four players score during the entire game.

Kobe's efficiency tonight was staggering. With the way he's learned to play in the last few years--able to effectively distribute and reign in his more selfish urges--he'd be unbelievable if he had a really solid second option. My vote's for KG.

Yeah Houston was horrendous, TMac and Yao did their thing, but the bench....well I'm just lost for words.

I would love to see the Lakers knock the Suns off for no other reason, but to see if it can be done.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster

Best friend's brother was at the game (here's hoping the Lake show take it to 7 so I can take advantage of their season tix) and said he witnessed the best 3 qtr's of Kobe's career. While it wasn't Chamberlain-time, it was exactly what needed to happen.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am breathing a sigh of relief that the Lakers finally won and avoided a sweep. And, I am very pleased at Kwame's play. The kid seems to respond to PJ's coaching and that is definitely promising.

If one looks at the last 4 games b/w the two teams (including the last reg season game), the Lakers have defended the Suns very well. They have held them to under 100 all but one time. The Suns average well over 100. So, in addition to ignoring Smush, the team MUST concentrate on D (way to go Shammond!) if they are to have any chance. Having said that, I still think it goes no more than 6.

As for Kobe's learning, he's always known how to play. He deferred to Shaq when Shaq was effective (more of Shaq's assisted baskets came from Kobe than any other single Lakers player). He led the team in assists again last night. I think he, like most Lakers fans, became tired of Shaq's lack of work ethic. Especially when Kobe's is so apparent.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bachbeet
I am breathing a sigh of relief that the Lakers finally won and avoided a sweep. And, I am very pleased at Kwame's play. The kid seems to respond to PJ's coaching and that is definitely promising.

If one looks at the last 4 games b/w the two teams (including the last reg season game), the Lakers have defended the Suns very well. They have held them to under 100 all but one time. The Suns average well over 100. So, in addition to ignoring Smush, the team MUST concentrate on D (way to go Shammond!) if they are to have any chance. Having said that, I still think it goes no more than 6.

As for Kobe's learning, he's always known how to play. He deferred to Shaq when Shaq was effective (more of Shaq's assisted baskets came from Kobe than any other single Lakers player). He led the team in assists again last night. I think he, like most Lakers fans, became tired of Shaq's lack of work ethic. Especially when Kobe's is so apparent.

Some how that didn't bother Wade.

WSW

Reaction score
I think what happened in LA was that both Shaq and Kobe wanted to be the number one option. Kobe didn't want to remain Shaq's sidekick and Shaq disliked Kobe after Kobe's comments to the press. So you have two huge egos going at it, which made the Lakers dysfunctional. Only winning championships kept them together.

In Miami, D-Wade deferred to Shaq for a while and when it became obvious that D-Wade was the main man for the Heat, Shaq was happy to let D-Wade be the number one guy.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jp: Just the other day, ESPN (or Fox?) had an article about how Shaq's laziness hurts the Heat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads