• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tools of the Trade...Today's NY Post

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My take:
(1) he perfectly described the typical i-banker outfit (from the ferragamo tie to the loafers...) - however, most wall street bankers wouldn't spend what he's spending on a suit, they would just go to Brooks
(2) he seems like he absolutely wants to fit in since he's following all the "rules" of banker dress code
(3) DB suits are indeed a no-no for any wall street banker under the age of 40
(4) it's unlikely that he is making $190k a year at the age of 24. But he could be a promoted analyst in his first year as an associate (4 years out of college) and a strong performer - so not completely impossible
(5) he does sound like a douche - especially out of the office

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
On the downside, it is in the Tenderloin, but for trans frans that could be the upside. I think that it is called Bourbon and Branch.

Is there a bus stop nearby?

--Andre

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Nothing; just some of the people who own them.
Better than Vette owners.
smile.gif

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Some of my friends and I go to Milk & Honey. It's really small and there are rules. Men can't approach women, you have to make reservations and they chip the ice into your drink.
In the South we call such a place a "gay bar".

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand all the cheap shots at Milk & Honey - it's actually a great bar and a nice change from the meat market atmosphere in a lot of NY bars (expecially Thu-Sat). The big difference is that they actually know how to make a drink and are truly interested in producing a great tasting cocktail (just like a top chef would be passionate about the food he serves). I'm not saying it's a place to go every week but once in a while, it's nice. Little Branch is nice too

JeffC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Odoreater has it right (not about ed being that creep...). Sasha wanted a bar that was a.) not a pick-up joint; b.) not a velvet-rope scene for beautiful people, but a discreet place for people wanted to have a civilized drink in a style from another era.

If I can only enjoy a drink with half the people in the establishment, why don't I just drink at home?

Jeff

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand all the cheap shots at Milk & Honey
That whole business about not approaching women seems counterproductive for a bar, I have to admit.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
That whole business about not approaching women seems counterproductive for a bar, I have to admit.

That's the point...it is a place to go and enjoy drinks with your friends....NOT TO PICK UP WOMEN!

Is it really that hard to grasp the concept?

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
That's the point...it is a place to go and enjoy drinks with your friends....NOT TO PICK UP WOMEN!
The poster was complaining about dwindling social circles. Seems like an isolating bar would not help...isn't the point to meet new people?

This is the big difference between NYC and Atlanta. Atlanta bars are friendly and full of approachable, beautiful women. NYC is a lonely place in spite of all the density.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
This is the big difference between NYC and Atlanta. Atlanta bars are friendly and full of approachable, beautiful women. NYC is a lonely place in spite of all the density.

omg...
rolleyes.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads