• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tools of the Trade...Today's NY Post

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys ever hear of Ebay???

He could of gotten better shoes, shirts, and suits on Ebay.

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto
You guys ever hear of Ebay???

He could of gotten better shoes, shirts, and suits on Ebay.

This is exactly how my soon-to-be-a-first-year-corporate-lawyer-in-new-york is operating. Look just as good at 1/30th the price.

Granted, I have loans up to my eyeballs, but still...

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The guy who cleans the toilets on his trading floor deserves more money than the guy who enters numbers all day into an Excel spreadsheet.
devil.gif
devil.gif

It's not that I don't respect banking...ok, yes it is.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scruff
This is exactly how my soon-to-be-a-first-year-corporate-lawyer-in-new-york is operating. Look just as good at 1/30th the price.

Granted, I have loans up to my eyeballs, but still...

Exactly. Ebay gives poor people like me the chance to look like a million bucks.
bigstar[1].gif

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
The guy who cleans the toilets on his trading floor deserves more money than the guy who enters numbers all day into an Excel spreadsheet.
devil.gif
devil.gif

frown.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I like the idea of this bar.

I have no game, but I am so fuckin' good looking it is ridiculous. The no game part always messed me up in the past. If I can't talk, I win!

Too bad I am married.

I too am a gorgeous piece of ass, but also share your lack of game. It's disheartening.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am late to this but that is one hell of an odd bird. $125 for a HF tie? I seriously don't see myself dropping the money he does even if I made that much. I would just be an even more enthusiastic bargain hunter than now.
190k a year is so much damn more than what I make that it is insane. Oh well. I woulk never want to do something that teious and ungratifying anyway. Engineering/research 0wn3zz IB, even if you don't make as much ironically. If I could redo it, I would probably take some different choices but the general idea would still be there.

Wow... comes out to approximately $112k a year in my area. Crazy.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Dude, I've seen your picture...

lol8[1].gif

You mean the one in the Electronic Music Appreciation trhead? Yeah, scary. The dog helps a bit though
biggrin.gif

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know a girl who is a scientist working in a lab and living in Manhattan who makes like $30,000. I know a few teachers who make similar money and live in Manhattan. No, they aren't buying bespoke clothing and eating at Jean Georges every night. But they get by. Yeah, New York is full of money, but there are "normal" folk too, and not necessarily north of 96th street either.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
The article doesn't say he paid those amounts. That's the "retail" price.

Also, this talk about $190K not being much in New York is ridiculous.

Well, maybe it is not much if he has the self control of a starving wolf that snuck in a room full of fresh venison steaks...

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
Well, maybe it is not much if he has the self control of a starving wolf that snuck in a room full of fresh venison steaks...

*raises hand sheepishly

I would be a serious competitor in a Most Impulsive Person on the Planet competition.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On a slightly unrelated note, this article was in one of the links someone posted...

Watch Your Back

This story came from the "Daily Texan" - the U. of Texas newspaper. Apparently it occurred during Fall Premier, a UT tradition celebrating the end of midterms.

This guy went out last Saturday night to a party. He was having a good time, had a couple of beers and some girl that seemed to like him invited him to go to another party. He quickly agreed and decided to go along with her.

She took him to a party in some apartment and they continued to drink, and even got involved with some other, unknown, drugs.

The next thing he knew, he woke up completely naked in a bathtub filled with ice. He was still feeling the effects of the drugs, but looked around to see if he was alone. He looked down at his chest, which had "CALL 911 OR YOU WILL DIE" written on it in lipstick.

He saw a phone was on a stand next to the tub, so he picked it up and dialed. He explained to the EMS operator what the situation was and that he didn't know where he was, what he took, or why he was really calling.

She advised him to get out of the tub. He did, and she asked him to look himself over in the mirror. He did, and appeared normal, so she told him to check his back. He did, only to find two 9 inch slits on his lower back. She told him to get back in the tub immediately, and they sent a rescue team over.

Apparently, after being examined, he found out more of what had happened.

His kidneys were stolen. They are worth 10,000 dollars each on the black market.

Several guesses are in order: The second party was a sham, the people involved had to be at least medical students,and it was not just recreational drugs he was given. Regardless, he is currently in the hospital on life support, awaiting a spare kidney. The University of Texas in conjunction with Baylor University Medical Centre is conducting tissue research to match the sophomore student with a donor.

I wish to warn you about a new crime ring that is targeting business travelers and students. This ring is well organized, well funded, has very skilled personnel, and is currently in most major cities and recently very active in New Orleans and Las Vegas.

This is not a scam or out of a science fiction novel, it is real.

If you travel or someone close to you travels, or if you are a student and go out a lot alone please, be careful.

Sadly, this is very true. My husband is a Houston EMT and they have received alerts regarding this crime ring. It is to be taken very seriously.

The daughter of a friend of a fellow fire-fighter had this happen to her. Skilled doctor's are performing these crimes.

Please tell whoever you can.

Michele Shafer
DML/Lab Admin Medical Manager R&D
15151 N.W. 99th St
Alachua, FL 32615
(904) 462-2148
Fax (904) 462-1505

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads