• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movies that blow

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Superman Returns sucked

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Hey, no need to talk smack about "Ernest Goes to Camp". Give me the comic stylings of Jim Varney over Jim Carrey's grating nonsense any day. "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective" easily makes my worst movies list. And the much-vaunted "Truman Show" was a waste of two hours. Most everything the film had to offer was contained in the trailer.

I'm all but alone in this, but I truly despised the first "Lord of the Rings" movie. In retrospect, as part of a much greater whole, it's ... functional, but it completely fails for me as a stand-alone film.

i have never failed to be disappointed in the movie when i have already read the book. how about you?

cultpop 0217

I, Manface
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
yesterday i saw napoleon dynamite, batman begins, and talladega nights. they all blow, though none of them blows hard.

Originally Posted by shellshock
batman begins doesnt blow. dont diss the CB
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

Originally Posted by Thracozaag
I agree with all your points, but having Michael Caine, Rutger Hauer, Gary Oldman, Liam Neeson, Ken Watanabe, Morgan Freeman and Tom Wilkinson more than made up for any of those perceived shortcomings you mentioned.

koji

2 summers ago i watched christian bale and gary oldman exchange lines on a rooftop, show my son the batmobile in action, and...

this week i saw heath ledger with green hair outside gotham national bank (old chicago post office).
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

do not **** with cb or batman begins.

cultpop 0217

I, Manface
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redcaimen
I dont know if it has been mentioned before, but Deathrace 2000 was so incredibly bad it twisted the movie quality spectrum into a mobius strip and became good. Sylvester Stallone as I think his name was Machine Gun Joe Paterbo and that Carradine freak dressed in leather underwear doing a Waltz. It was set in the future and France was still the enemy.

roger corman owns all of you.

Originally Posted by dkzzzz
"Children of men" SUCKS donkey balls. Pointless drivel about nothing.
Critics who praised it should be burned at the stke on Oscar stage.

Originally Posted by lost in va
Zodiac was hands down the worst movie I've seen in quite some time.

Originally Posted by jonglover
This reminds me of a comment from Tim Hugh in Giant Robot #43 about the differences between people who look at movies and watch films.
tounge.gif

It's OK, Style Forum is a nice well-rounded chat for most other things. It's just that when it comes to this I'd rather take a cheese grater to my crotch.

i just went back and read through alot of this thread. no offense to anyone but this forum has some pretty lousy taste in cinema
devil.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I was stuck at home watching a movie by Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore titled "Music and Lyrics" Oh it sucked like a toothless $20 hooker.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Prestige was pretty boring and even Scarlett couldn't save it. Shame, there was potential there.

Grudge 2 was a load of rubbish.

thesternowl

Reaction score
"Cool As Ice"

a very terrible movie

yet, it did manage to produce one of the best cinematic quotes of all time:

"Drop that zero and get with a hero"

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chobochobo
The Prestige was pretty boring and even Scarlett couldn't save it. Shame, there was potential there.
It would've made a pretty decent Victorian-era thriller, it would've made a pretty decent Victorian-era sci-fi/fantasy film, but it was a mess as both.

Cloning machine
emotarghhr1.gif

Kopite

Reaction score
Brokeback Mountain and Dreamgirls some of the worst movies I have ever seen.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kopite

I haven't seen Dreamgirls so I can't comment on that. I have seen Brokeback mountain and whilst I wouldn't say it was worthy of an Oscar (whatever that means to be honest) I don't think it qualifies as a bad movie unless these two are the only movies you've ever seen. But I guess it's all subjective really.

I just watched 'The Queen' and didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would - mostly because I got annoyed by seeing the mass hysteria around Diana's death again.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by a tailor
i have never failed to be disappointed in the movie when i have already read the book. how about you?

I think this is mostly true. However, off the top of my head:

- Jaws was a much better movie than book

- The Godfather was a much, much, much, much, much better movie than the book

- L.A. Confidential wasn't better than the book, but it stands on its own quite well - I feel the same about Mystic River

Kopite

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JBZ
I think this is mostly true. However, off the top of my head:

- Jaws was a much better movie than book

- The Godfather was a much, much, much, much, much better movie than the book

- L.A. Confidential wasn't better than the book, but it stands on its own quite well - I feel the same about Mystic River

I think if there is action, movies tend to be better than books.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by a tailor

Read worse books.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cultpop 0217
roger corman owns all of you.

i just went back and read through alot of this thread. no offense to anyone but this forum has some pretty lousy taste in cinema
devil.gif

There are certainly worse movies than zodiac, but man did that sucker drag during the last 7 hours or so. I can't remember the last time I checked my watch so often during a movie. Had it been a 1-hour made for tv movie, it would have been ok.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kopite

How so? I didn't think either was great, but both were ok with some solid performances.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics