• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your description doesn't sound inconsistent with the LDB, I'm not sure whats wrong?
Exactly, that is why I got them. My true waist is around a 29, but I often get 28 waist because 29 or 30 waist is often too baggy for my liking. Sometimes 28 fits fine and other times it's really tight (almost unable to button), which is what the 5EPs were, most likely due to the higher rise. Anyway, I'll keep looking around

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klemins
Exactly, that is why I got them. My true waist is around a 29, but I often get 28 waist because 29 or 30 waist is often too baggy for my liking. Sometimes 28 fits fine and other times it's really tight (almost unable to button), which is what the 5EPs were, most likely due to the higher rise. Anyway, I'll keep looking around

Yeah, you probably should have gotten your true waist in the one-wash 5EP because they are pretty TTS... you could always try to get them in 29.

outty

Reaction score
Whats the difference bettwen 'wings and horns' and W+H.. or is it the same thing?
and along the same lines.. what kind of cotton do they use and where in BC is in manufactured?

thanks

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by outty
Whats the difference bettwen 'wings and horns' and W+H.. or is it the same thing?
and along the same lines.. what kind of cotton do they use and where in BC is in manufactured?

thanks

what kind of cotton, as in the location of harvesting? I'm not sure, but they typically use fleece (not terry or rib) for their sweats.

W+H and Wings & Horns are by the same design team, but W+H is more minimalist - no prints or extraneous details, just fabric cut&sew. Wings & Horns is for printed gear.

FxCMYfOB

Reaction score
do you think it is worth it for me to order samurai jeans off of a japanese proxy for about $20 dollars more than it would be at BiG, the only difference is that i get to keep the arcuates and red tab. also. does anyone know the usual shipping cost from a japanese proxy and the shipping cost from BiG>

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FxCMYfOB
do you think it is worth it for me to order samurai jeans off of a japanese proxy for about $20 dollars more than it would be at BiG, the only difference is that i get to keep the arcuates and red tab. also. does anyone know the usual shipping cost from a japanese proxy and the shipping cost from BiG>

That's entirely up to you. Is the red tab and arcuate worth $20 to you?

If it was me, I'd go with BiG. But it's not, it's up to you.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FxCMYfOB
I'd do it just as a personal
winstonchurchillvictoryof9.jpg
to Levi's for threatening our friendly denim suppliers, but maybe that's just me....

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by checkermate
What color hoodies would match with dark / dry denims?
Pretty much anything but dark navy blue or dark purple.

In general, wearing a shirt/top that is almost the same color as your pants is frowned upon. Wearing a shirt the same color but of a different fabric (except maybe black or white) is also not a good idea.

Bakes

Reaction score
Stupidly attempted a quick spot clean on my APCs whilst hammered (of course on my crotch). Do these look really bad or should I just shut up and keep wearing them? Anything I can do to make it better? Any input would be appreciated.

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So it's almost 3 months (2 months and 24 days) and I'm going to wash my 5EP LDB Resin's. Since they are not raw, they are going to get washed more often. I've abandoned the 'treat my jeans like gold' theory and will be throwing them in the dorm washer, on delicate, and let the spin cycle run. They're freaking jeans.

Only thing: they are cuffed right now, and I do not like that. After the wash, I want to get them hemmed. Should I wash on cold or warm? Will cold shrink the inseam? I know warm will. I'm indifferent about have them shortened via shrink or hem, just want them to get there.

Basically, the pros/cons of cold v. warm wash on the resins.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bakes
Stupidly attempted a quick spot clean on my APCs whilst hammered (of course on my crotch). Do these look really bad or should I just shut up and keep wearing them? Anything I can do to make it better? Any input would be appreciated.

I would say STFU and keep wearing them. They are jeans.

checkermate

Reaction score
Are there any other online stores that carry Oak NYC styled clothing and brands like surface to air and band of outsiders?

adversity04

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any stores that would carry quality denim in Rochester, NY? I'd like to try some on in person before I pull the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads