• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cars Widely Considered Gay

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BMW didn't sell many of the 318ti hatchbacks, and some people think they're gunshy about introducing a small car into the US again.

--Andre

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by briancl
Audi, MB, and BMW all have smaller, cheaper cars available in Europe, but they try to maintain a certain level of exclusivity here in the states by only presenting higher end luxury cars.

This is starting to change, as the German brands are going to be bringing some of the lower end models stateside, but it still won't be a full lineup.

Rignt-- I am aware of the many more entry level European models out there, but I guess I didn't understand why they are offered here. Your explanation seems to be a good one.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
as for entry level lines from european carriers, mercedes, for example, currently sells the B class in canada and is supposed to be introducing the A class sometime soon (although it may be on hold as deemed competition for their smart car) but i don't think either are going to be made available in the usa as they don't think they'll sell as they're too 'european' for some reason

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Audi, MB, and BMW all have smaller, cheaper cars available in Europe, but they try to maintain a certain level of exclusivity here in the states by only presenting higher end luxury cars.

This is starting to change, as the German brands are going to be bringing some of the lower end models stateside, but it still won't be a full lineup.

Here in Europe a BMW 3-series is a standard-to-big car, 5 series is considered a business class car and a 7 series is a luxury one. 1-series is a standard car, same size as a Golf GTI or a Peugeot 307 series or a Mercedes A for example that are called "sub-compacts" in the us

there is still the smaller cars that we call a girl car like a Peugeot 207 for example.

In the US you tend to like big cars that here in Europe would be simply impractical.

So what you are saying about the BMW 3 series being a "compact" or a gay car is not valid in Europe, here it is a macho man car

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the US, the E46 3 series is classified as a subcompact.

--Andre

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
I disagree with the over 40 driving a 3-series. By this, you imply that if you are 40, you should be driving something else, perhaps a 5-series? I think it is perfectly fine to be driving a smaller car when you are older. The size of your car has nothing to do with... anything, really.

Just an observation!!! 3-series is largely a youth status symbol in the US, and gay men cling to youth status symbols a lot longer than straight men.

I don't think BMW dealerships are ready to handle a 1-series. Chances are it'll be hot like the Mini, so it will strain the sales/service departments and piss off owners of nicer cars who have to wait in line behind the punksters.

SieurDeLaSalle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lakewolf
Here in Europe a BMW 3-series is a standard-to-big car, 5 series is considered a business class car and a 7 series is a luxury one. 1-series is a standard car, same size as a Golf GTI or a Peugeot 307 series or a Mercedes A for example that are called "sub-compacts" in the us there is still the smaller cars that we call a girl car like a Peugeot 207 for example. In the US you tend to like big cars that here in Europe would be simply impractical. So what you are saying about the BMW 3 series being a "compact" or a gay car is not valid in Europe, here it is a macho man car
I'm a Macho, macho man.......... I drive a three i'm a macho, macho man........ It has the ZSP and the real wide tires..... Macho macho man.......
laugh.gif
It's a black 335... MACHO>>>>>>>>>>>

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SieurDeLaSalle
I'm a Macho, macho man..........
I drive a three i'm a macho, macho man........

It has the ZSP and the real wide tires.....
Macho macho man.......
laugh.gif

I drive a Hummer burning tons of oil for little miles, I'm a macho macho man
laugh.gif

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SieurDeLaSalle
I'm a Macho, macho man..........
I drive a three i'm a macho, macho man........

It has the ZSP and the real wide tires.....
Macho macho man.......
laugh.gif

So my black convertible 3er BMW, with wide tires qualifies as a gay car or a macho man car ?

myBMW.jpg

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BigHandMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Everyone is gay. Sorry.

Whew... I was starting to worry it was just me because I drive a Saab...

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BigHandMan
Whew... I was starting to worry it was just me because I drive a Saab...

This means you're "super gay."

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
Edit:
IIRC you can blame tiger02 for that. Oh Tom, how could you do this to such a pleasant place such as SF...

I'm going to write up a "meaty thigh" diet and workout DVD series. Then y'all can stop being so damn jealous and start developing your own heft below the belt.
devil.gif

Tiecollector, a pox upon your house for hoisting this on me
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by LabelKing
Nothing can beat the old Lancias. To make another original Lancia, the company needs to remove itself from Fiat, and bankrupt itself in adhering to quality.
FWIW, Lancia is the chauffeur car of choice in Italy. Beautiful cars, don't know anything about what's under the hood.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads