• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nudie Average Joes

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I picked these up today. They are pretty awesome. Fit is very similar to my tailored Svens, but the denim is a bit heavier and darker. I love them.

90274073am0.jpg

96864067ui9.jpg

joshua_robert

Reaction score
You look like you're standing in front of a circus mirror even though you are not.

corbu

Reaction score
how would you compare them to Regular Ralphs? I've been waiting for the Average Joe for a while... but didnt know they were out yet.
bounce2.gif

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by corbu
how would you compare them to Regular Ralphs? I've been waiting for the Average Joe for a while... but didnt know they were out yet.
bounce2.gif

They fit about the same in the top block but are slimmer in the leg. I just posted a pic of me wearing my RRDS yesterday.
60445910kp8.jpg

joshua_robert

Reaction score
They are Even Stevens without the low yoke and low pocket position. So basically a Regular Ralf w/o the bootcut.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joshua_robert
They are Even Stevens without the low yoke and low pocket position. So basically a Regular Ralf w/o the bootcut.

That's not a bad description, although the Straight Sven is a RR w/o a bootcut also. They're basically a slim straight leg instead of a relaxed straight leg.

joshua_robert

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
That's not a bad description, although the Straight Sven is a RR w/o a bootcut also. They're basically a slim straight leg instead of a relaxed straight leg.

True, but SS is a straight leg, whereas ES and AJ have a slight taper.

corbu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117

I thought the SS had a lower rise? Either way, these sound like they'll be great.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by corbu
I thought the SS had a lower rise? Either way, these sound like they'll be great.

I think the rise on these is more or less the same as my Svens...

joshua_robert

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they are releasing a selvage version of the Average Joe? If so, it might be too tempting not to buy. I love my Even Stevens, but sometimes the low yoke gets annoying.

KennyGhetzoff

Reaction score
drizz... you look jail built in that pic. Nice jeans!

which do you prefer SS or AJ? Kinda turned off that those AJs aren't japanese selvage.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KennyGhetzoff
drizz... you look jail built in that pic. Nice jeans!

which do you prefer SS or AJ? Kinda turned off that those AJs aren't japanese selvage.

I like the AJs actually. I don't care about the selvage. This denim seems to have a nicer color and feel than the SS denim, at least IMO. I have plenty of jeans with selvage.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
drizzt

jeans looks good and fits very nice. One of the few nudies I like. How large are the bag pockets?

Cant help to be curious though.. is your large upper body depending on the angle of the photo? Otherwise, how big are you? :0

I feel pretty topheavy, with 32 (jeans) inch waist and something like a 44 chest, but it seems like you´r a bit more than that?

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where did you get these?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads