• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Does anyone know where Hitman is? I have tried to contact him over the last two-three weeks but have not heard back. Working on them new jeans possibly?

tigerx

Reaction score
ok i'm still confused about my question that i ask a couple of days ago.

so here's to simplify the question:

"i wear 32 waist jeans from Levi. What would be my waist size for a pair of Nudie Dry Straight Sven"

and 1 more question:

"Is the Nudei RRDS a closer fit to the LVC Hersher then the Nudie SSDS?"

pls i need an answer ASAP

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the quality of Vans (especially the classic slip-on)?
I did a search on it but found nothing...

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Vans are pretty decent. I have a pair I've worn quite a bit and they are holding up well. Among the glued-together canvas/rubber sneakers, they are a good value IMO.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerx
ok i'm still confused about my question that i ask a couple of days ago.

so here's to simplify the question:

"i wear 32 waist jeans from Levi. What would be my waist size for a pair of Nudie Dry Straight Sven"

and 1 more question:

"Is the Nudei RRDS a closer fit to the LVC Hersher then the Nudie SSDS?"

pls i need an answer ASAP

I would say that if you're a 32 in most Levi's, which are fairly vanity-sized, you're probably also 32 in a Sven (which are a little less vanity-sized, but will stretch a bit).

No idea what the fit is like on the Hersher, so I can't help you there.

obsolete

Reaction score
Okay, so being a newbie i did a search first before i posted here but i couldn't find what i was after...so here goes, do any of the 5EP jeans (LDB, SDR or SDZ) have a fit that is similar to Nudie Slim Jims or are they all pretty baggy around the seat?

cheers!

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by obsolete
Okay, so being a newbie i did a search first before i posted here but i couldn't find what i was after...so here goes, do any of the 5EP jeans (LDB, SDR or SDZ) have a fit that is similar to Nudie Slim Jims or are they all pretty baggy around the seat?

cheers!

There are only two cuts of the 5EP and neither of them are really fitted in the seat. The new SFx5EP jean will be slimmer through the top block, though.

obsolete

Reaction score
@drizzt3117

cheers for the info mate. yeah i thought they didn't have anything like slim jims but i'd ask anyway. now don't laugh at me but isn't the sfx5ep just a theoretical thing done for fun? it's not an ACTUAL style that is coming out right? can't imagine a company actually caring about what a denim forum has to say or maybe im just being too cynical

cheers!

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by obsolete
now don't laugh at me but isn't the sfx5ep just a theoretical thing done for fun? it's not an ACTUAL style that is coming out right? can't imagine a company actually caring about what a denim forum has to say or maybe im just being too cynical
SFx5EP is the real deal man. Unless Fok and godmother have been playing some kind of weird sick joke on us this whole time.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
I'll give that a try
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
I was considering contrasting orange/tan stitching to match, but going with a grey-blue colour would be something I likely wouldn't regret afterwards.

I was considering going to a tailor, but there's something embarassing/unethical about asking them to sew up a busted crotch on a pair of unwashed jeans.
devil.gif

nothing unethical about it.
this is a good reason to buy an inseam much longer than you need.
then have them shortened and save the cut off denim for future use.

Faded501s

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a true 34" waist X 31" inseam. I want some lower rise straight leg (or slight taper) jeans in a darker wash (raw?) without all that sanding and tearing and bullshit. I like my jeans pretty tight and can probably get away with a slim fit.

I need a couple of recommendations as far as brand, style and size. The size thing is really what's keeping me from doing my own research. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

RBales

Reaction score
Can anyone shed any light on getting a bootcut hemmed up about an inch and a half or so? My 5EP's need to be shortened a little but I'm worried about the cut of the jean being impacted. Will it look like a flair now?

Also, I understand BIG has stopped doing chainstitching for jeans not purchased on sight, but the 45RPM store in NYC is still doing it, right?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RBales
Can anyone shed any light on getting a bootcut hemmed up about an inch and a half or so? My 5EP's need to be shortened a little but I'm worried about the cut of the jean being impacted. Will it look like a flair now?

Also, I understand BIG has stopped doing chainstitching for jeans not purchased on sight, but the 45RPM store in NYC is still doing it, right?

Erm, if you shorten a pair of bootcut jeans, they will have less of a bootcut, for obvious reasons (unless you can defy physics or you have one wierd ass looking pair of jeans to begin with). An inch and a half is nothing, in any case. I wouldn't worry about it. If the jeans are the rigid wash, however, I would make sure to wash the jeans at the hottest temperature you plan to wash them at, so that you don't end up with a pair of high waters a few months in the future.

jessetk313

Reaction score
Can anybody help me with the fit of a pair of Edwin Rainbow selvage 047..Thanks I will really appreciate any help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads