• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
The Nancy Pelosi thread was a complete trainwreck.
nm. I figured it out.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have just (probably temporarily) put a minimum post limit on the Current Events forum. Guests and search engines will not be allowed to browse it, and members will (at the moment) need 100 posts to their name to access it.
Sounds like a good plan. Even though I find some of the idiot threads in CE quite entertaining
tounge.gif

JB

jett

Reaction score
lame, I can't post in there anymore. what is the significance of 100 posts? how will writing another 20 or so posts prove me worthy?

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jett
lame, I can't post in there anymore. what is the significance of 100 posts? how will writing another 20 or so posts prove me worthy?

It may not, but it will delay the obvious trolls from posting in those threads.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Sure the Pelosi thread was bad but vote4tom didn't seem offensive to me and I have to admit that some of his delusional posts were quite entertaining, much like his Lobb auctions.

j, you must now reveal the content of the private emails to tom that he kept referring to
laugh.gif

Huh? Is this related to me?

jett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
It may not, but it will delay the obvious trolls from posting in those threads.

So it will make it obvious I am not a troll as soon as I post a few more comments? In my experience you can usually tell someone is a troll within the first 10 comments they make, unless they are trying to pull some kind of real infiltration but that seems to only really happen on political sites.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
100 was a nice round number, and it usually takes people a while to get there. That is the only significance, that it will prove that the person has been around here a while and has an idea of the culture before he heads in there.

It will also, hopefully, prevent people from signing up solely to participate in political figh...discussion when the primary focus of this board is clothing and style.

As I said, the number when the system is finalized may change.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
100 was a nice round number, and it usually takes people a while to get there. That is the only significance, that it will prove that the person has been around here a while and has an idea of the culture before he heads in there.

It will also, hopefully, prevent people from signing up solely to participate in political figh...discussion when the primary focus of this board is clothing and style.

As I said, the number when the system is finalized may change.

Gay.

I kid, I kid...
laugh.gif

Jon.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe I should make it over 100 and under 6677...

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Maybe I should make it over 100 and under 6677...

Does it mean you are auto-banning yourself (Ã la Jovan)?

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
So it will make it obvious I am not a troll as soon as I post a few more comments? In my experience you can usually tell someone is a troll within the first 10 comments they make, unless they are trying to pull some kind of real infiltration but that seems to only really happen on political sites.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Does it mean you are auto-banning yourself (Ã la Jovan)?
I'd like to, but unfortunately I have to keep an eye on it.

jett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad

Yeah, it won't be much longer now. Especially if I keep writing short and pointless comments like this one...

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it won't be much longer now. Especially if I keep writing short and pointless comments like this one...

which is what the CE forum is all about
smile.gif
good training...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads