• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cars Widely Considered Gay

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What about the Audi TT?

It seems to me anything designed by Dr.Porsche shouldn't be gay; but then, we seem to be talking about the modern Beetle reiteration rather than the original air-cooled one.

Hawkeye

Reaction score
I don't consider the Outback gay, now the Forester....
ForesterProfile.jpg

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Hershey Highway??

It's very gay to say that you are decidely not gay, and when did you decide this, by the way.

The sideburns, the meaty thighs..............

I thought my use of "decidedly ungay" and "very macho" would be clues that I was joking. I should have used a smiley.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
I thought my use of "decidedly ungay" and "very macho" would be clues that I was joking. I should have used a smiley.

No, I know you said that toungue in cheek. I just realized I ruined the joke as I confused you with tiger. Now I need to wait to get a dig in on tiger and I can't use the same lame gay jokes
confused.gif

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Hershey Highway??

It's very gay to say that you are decidely not gay, and when did you decide this, by the way.

The sideburns, the meaty thighs..............

You should see my car. Teal two seater convertible. How it passed the straight test is beyond me, but it has a nice wide seat for meaty thighs.

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anything built by SAAB is a gay car.

DMcG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
So are the cars gay because they were developed that way, or from society's influence on it?

I think its mostly from society's influence but some companies, such as Subaru, do a fair amount of marketing to the gay and lesbian community.

Originally Posted by LabelKing
Where did the Miata get its reputation?

From people who think that you can only be manly if you drive a big truck or high horsepower car.

The New York Times is a bit late with this whole some cars are considered gay topic. There have been top 10 lists of gay and lesbian cars for years.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Where did the Miata get its reputation?

Obviously from the gay people driving it.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
I drive an Outback and I am decidedly not gay. I like it because I can go on rough roads to persue my very macho hobbies like fishing and camping.

brokeback-mountain-contest.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads