• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offensively Bold Tailored Clothing

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
easter001.jpg

easter002.jpg

Really nice tie. Also like the green one above and that yellow shirt.
Who makes them??

Naturlaut II

Reaction score
Thank you Manton for your time and effort. I, for one, totally appreciate the lesson. However, I would like to contribute a tiny bit of my opinion as well. Might be relevant. Or not.

In present days, dressing appropriately - or even just dressing up - has become an art. As in all art forms, beauty is achieved not by merely following someone else's opinions or attending a lesson, but also a very important factor - talent. Just as music requires talent, so does dressing up, appropriately or not. The first photo you posted seems to me a person who is trying too hard, a person who clearly does not have very strong talents in this aspect who is trying too hard. There are musicians who have mediocre technique but exceptional musical sense, and there are people who put on an outfit as if it was picked from a battlefield and still look elegant and appropriate.

Our present-day media and fashion magazines certainly does not encourage or nurture talents in this aspect, and the results are, well, what you see in the first photo. In fact, after seeing the photo, I didn't blame the guy at all, but all the "fashion" magazines he has been reading and celebrities he is trying to imitate. Hence, even though I too find your tone a bit distasteful, I understand your aggravation towards such astrocity. I cannot claim to be an expert in this area, neither am I blessed with talents in the sartorial arts, so I'll humbly swallow the bluntness in the language and take the lesson.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jml90
Really nice tie. Also like the green one above and that yellow shirt.
Who makes them??

The orange tie is Michael Drakes, the green (swirl/dot) is Paul Smith, the green check is Jil Sander, the yellow shirt is Purple Label.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Nevermind, I get it now.

Bravo!

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SoCal2NYC: You, sir, should post more in the What are you wearing right now? thread.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
SoCal2NYC, that is an interesting boutonniere.

Thanks...I actually took it out once I looked at the picture and posted it. But, when I got to Easter lunch (Bouley) I picked a small white carnation from the centerpiece and stuck it in there instead.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
So.... the perfect woman for you is made of pink velvet. Ok. Right. Got it.
You'd be surprised what can be found in eastern Europe.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiger02
You'd be surprised what can be found in eastern Europe.

I know man, I know !

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one thing to add
crocorose1eb9.jpg
That is all.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
I have one thing to add

crocorose1eb9.jpg

That is all.

Are pink shoes gay with a gray suit?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads