• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
I'll be there! It's going to be a great show!

Tell me about it. They're unbelievable. How close are you?

Willsw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are some (a lot) details of the Gap blue selvedge jeans. I've had them for about a week, took a shower in them for no real reason, as they are prewashed and preshrunk. They run large, I sized down 1 but should have gone 2, I don't have any actual measurements. When I got them I was in a hurry to remove the awful patch, and hadn't realized that I had acquired too long an inseam, so I took them to 45rpm in Soho to hem them, could have gotten it done cheaper at any tailor, probably, but oh well. Anyway, pictures.

jg.jpg
jg_3.jpg

jg_1.jpg
jg_2.jpg

jg_5.jpg
jg_6.jpg

and the hem, just because:
jg_4.jpg

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd have paid quite a bit to have seen the expression on their faces when you dropped off GAP jeans at 45rpm.

Willsw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I had already torn the patch off they didn't immediately identify the brand and the guy who had pinned them for me was rubbing the denim, saying "Hey, these are nice...what are they?"

"Gap."

"Oh! Really! Heh...yeah. Who knew." Then to another employee, "Hey! Who do we know who would wear Gap?"

I guess after you appraise something as "nice" you can't back down, even if it is Gap and you are selling 45rpm.

theshonen8899

Reaction score
Those look excruciatingly tight. I would feel more pain for the person wearing them rather than admiration.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Only problem with those gap jeans is that they're wide-loom made, not narrow

but for that price who's complaining?

Ahaz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dexstar
I think they look fine
i guess a little more distinguished without stacking (if jeans can be distinguised)

i cuff my eternals to get this look... i wear for more semi- formal occcasions

i feel it works... others prollyy disagree

Yeah, that's what I was trying to do. More of a dress pant fit with very little break, but it just felt weird in jeans. Maybe it's bringing up repressed memories of being made fun of in middle school once for wearing high-waters?

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Only problem with those gap jeans is that they're wide-loom made, not narrow

but for that price who's complaining?

wide loom selvage? interesting... how did you come to this conclusion?

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wills, newbish q's - are those Williamsburg? Where to cop - in-store only?

larryr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Willsw
Here are some (a lot) details of the Gap blue selvedge jeans. I've had them for about a week, took a shower in them for no real reason, as they are prewashed and preshrunk. They run large, I sized down 1 but should have gone 2, I don't have any actual measurements. When I got them I was in a hurry to remove the awful patch, and hadn't realized that I had acquired too long an inseam, so I took them to 45rpm in Soho to hem them, could have gotten it done cheaper at any tailor, probably, but oh well. Anyway, pictures.

How much do they charge?

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheapmutha
wide loom selvage? interesting... how did you come to this conclusion?

look carefully at the weave of the selvage. Looks kind of like a canvas weave. It doesn't have the same 3x1 twill that the rest of the jeans do.

theshonen8899

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
Wills, newbish q's - are those Williamsburg? Where to cop - in-store only?
The Williamsburg is the skinny fit that's yet to be seen on the web. Those are the straight fits.
Originally Posted by larryr
How much do they charge?
Site says $70.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads