• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I'm really not a fan of that style or those brands (Rye GB might say that they are wickety wack), but as already suggested, you might try Revolve Clothing. You might also like AG Cashmere, which is more expensive, Ed Hardy, and Project E. You might also like Great China Wall, which can be found at www.bluebeemen.com.

youre a better man than i fok.... to me it smells suspiciously like that meat product that pacific islanders found to taste like human flesh.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lothuri
I was recently introduced to affliction clothing and it totally fits my style. I've been looking around for more clothing lines like affliction and I was wondering if someone could point me towoards some. I've seen, and like... affliction, salvage, monarchy, morphine generation, and drifter. I especially like clothing with dragons and Asian stiles with kanji and such. Any brands like that?
You mean like these? (talk of over the top)
Originally Posted by cheapmutha
youre a better man than i fok.... to me it smells suspiciously like that meat product that pacific islanders found to taste like human flesh.
biggrin.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheapmutha

Okay, complete tangent, but I thought that too. However, he didn't put any links in his post, and AFAIK, the brands he mentioned are not represented together (with good reason, that showroom would have half a dozen lines that look like different seasons of the same line,) so I am giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
I'm really not a fan of that style or those brands (Rye GB might say that they are wickety wack), but as already suggested, you might try Revolve Clothing. You might also like AG Cashmere, which is more expensive, Ed Hardy, and Project E. You might also like Great China Wall, which can be found at www.bluebeemen.com.

I helped launch one of those brands!, and I'm eternaly sorry for my misdeeds (though financially very rewarding).

They are Wickety Wack and we must guide you in a far more rewarding direction.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
I helped launch one of those brands!, and I'm eternaly sorry for my misdeeds (though financially very rewarding).

They are Wickety Wack and we must guide you in a far more rewarding direction.

Let's play a game. Which of these brands did Rye help inflict on the world:

" affliction, salvage, monarchy, morphine generation, and drifter."

Well, I am pretty sure that it is not Salvage, because Rye has blasted that brand somewhere when someone wore it.

I recall somewhere that someone tried to say that monarchy was not in the same category as the others. Or maybe it was Morphine Generation or Drifter. I don't remember which, but it was in reaction to one of my rants against these brands and the overuse of Skulls, serpents, and Daggers.

Hmmm... this is fun. Someone else take a guess.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Although BiG shows the measurements for samurai denim and how the waist size will shrink to the tagged waist size, how much can i expect the other measurements to shrink? Thigh opening, inseam, hem, knee.. .you know...

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lsquare

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
I'm neither LAGuy nor BrianSD, but I wear a 30 waist in pretty much all jeans, and this is what a size 30 APC New Standard looks like on me after months of wear and a couple washes:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...wayw0209-1.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...wayw0209-2.jpg

For reference, a decent shot of the fit of my RRDG in size 31 (which is one size greater than I "should" wear in Ralfs, I wanted these particularly loose):

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...wayw0323-1.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...wayw0323-2.jpg

I have to say, my experience doesn't quite jive with Brian's. You can tell from the pics, I could probably have gone down to a size 28 (so, sizing down 2 from my normal jean size) and it would have been just a little tight, and given how much these stretch, that wouldn't have been a problem at all.

Sauce,

Thanks for the response. I think I know which size I'm going to get. Just curious, why didn't you hem your jeans? I'm not a big fan of cuffing jeans.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's play a game. Which of these brands did Rye help inflict on the world:

" affliction, salvage, monarchy, morphine generation, and drifter."

Well, I am pretty sure that it is not Salvage, because Rye has blasted that brand somewhere when someone wore it.

I recall somewhere that someone tried to say that monarchy was not in the same category as the others. Or maybe it was Morphine Generation or Drifter. I don't remember which, but it was in reaction to one of my rants against these brands and the overuse of Skulls, serpents, and Daggers.

Hmmm... this is fun. Someone else take a guess.

I'm guessing affliction. I'm not sure why exactly, but after lurking on all of these threads for a while, that was the first one that came to mind when you said to take a guess.

Hmmm....maybe because it is first on the list influenced me somehow. Oh well I am sticking to my original guess.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider
Sauce,

Thanks for the response. I think I know which size I'm going to get. Just curious, why didn't you hem your jeans? I'm not a big fan of cuffing jeans.

I usually let them stack, that day I decided to cuff them--I don't mind cuffing at all. I didn't hem them because I like my jeans over-long. Unless they're boot cut and don't stack well, in which case they need to be hemmed.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

petng

Reaction score
Can anyone supply me with the chest and shoulder measurements for a 36 or 38 in Sterlingwear peacoats. I am so confused on what size i should get. I have a 38 chest, but am quite broad in the shoulders. Members here suggest to size down 1, but others have stated that Stearlingwear is already quite trim.

Do they look baggy if i go with my chest size?

Thanks for any info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads