• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
I don't know who I'm kidding. I should never wear a 31 unless we're talking APC.

My size 30 KMW 1980s are considerably slimmer than my size 30 LDB (raw) and SSDS around the but and thighs. Do not size down to 31. Get the 32, or even the 33. BTW, I advocate buying from our affiliates, and you will definitely get a deal from Denim Bar or Context that you will not get elsewhere, but Jean Therapy in Boston (in the Commonwealth Hotel) carries Kicking Mule Workshop.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
My size 30 KMW 1980s are considerably slimmer than my size 30 LDB (raw) and SSDS around the but and thighs. Do not size down to 31. Get the 32, or even the 33. BTW, I advocate buying from our affiliates, and you will definitely get a deal from Denim Bar or Context that you will not get elsewhere, but Jean Therapy in Boston (in the Commonwealth Hotel) carries Kicking Mule Workshop.

He's talking about the 2010, though...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ruben

I'll ask:
Do brian and LAguy have any pics of them in their APCs?

Here I am in my size 29 APCs. They are actually cinched a little higher than I normally wear them in this picture, causing a little bunching at the waist. My "true waist" is a 29-30, and I am 32.5" low on my hips (I'm a pretty narrow guy). These jeans are a good 7 or 8 months old, and have been banged around a lot. I could easily wear a size 28.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
LA Guy, any wisdom re: KMW 2010? I think the 1950 is more of a Levi's repro, with a higher rise, something I'm not interested in, but overall I'm looking for the most RRDS-like fit.

revolve lists the rises for the 1980/1950/2010 being the same at 10" (don't know what size this is from).

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It also lists the RRDS with a similar rise, but according to a post somewhere on SF, the tag on the 1950 reads that the jean is cut like a repro. I guess if it's going by year, the 2010 is going to be the most modern...

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a "if you could only have one pair of jeans" thread?

I'm looking for a jean like a 501 without the antifit (tighter in the thighs and butt), any ideas?

I seem to be the only guy here who wears his jeans up high.

Are 5ep straight's anti-fit?

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ruben
Is there a "if you could only have one pair of jeans" thread?

I'm looking for a jean like a 501 without the antifit (tighter in the thighs and butt), any ideas?

I seem to be the only guy here who wears his jeans up high.

Are 5ep straight's anti-fit?

5EP straights are pretty anti-fit. There are many Japanese 501-like jeans that have a slimmer leg. Full Count 3001s are a good example.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
revolve lists the rises for the 1980/1950/2010 being the same at 10" (don't know what size this is from).

Yeah, their measurements are jacked up, and totally unhelpful b/c they don't tell you the waist size. Context lists measurements by size; they don't have 2010s, and the 1950s they have are the AWAs, which may or may not be cut the same as regular 1950s.

Lothuri

Reaction score
I was recently introduced to affliction clothing and it totally fits my style. I've been looking around for more clothing lines like affliction and I was wondering if someone could point me towoards some.

I've seen, and like... affliction, salvage, monarchy, morphine generation, and drifter.

I especially like clothing with dragons and Asian stiles with kanji and such. Any brands like that?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lothuri
I was recently introduced to affliction clothing and it totally fits my style. I've been looking around for more clothing lines like affliction and I was wondering if someone could point me towoards some.

I've seen, and like... affliction, salvage, monarchy, morphine generation, and drifter.

I especially like clothing with dragons and Asian stiles with kanji and such. Any brands like that?

I'm really not a fan of that style or those brands (Rye GB might say that they are wickety wack), but as already suggested, you might try Revolve Clothing. You might also like AG Cashmere, which is more expensive, Ed Hardy, and Project E. You might also like Great China Wall, which can be found at www.bluebeemen.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads