• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pointy toed black boots

stake

Reaction score
hey,

this is my first post so please tell me if i do anything wrong as i am not that internet savvy. I have been trawling the internet and shoes stores looking for a pair of black pointy toed boots (dont ask me why but i have my heart set on a pair) and thought you guys might be able to point in the right direction.

I am willing to spend about $300-400 on them. I already have a pai of cowboy boots soi was hoping for a predominantly plain black pair of ankle boots or maybe higher- not sure.

I have seen a few pairs of Mark nason boots which look cool (i have included the link) but would love your opinions on what to look for. i have also heard that costume national might be the way forward?!? i really want a point on the toe not just a rounded edge.

Thanks in advance

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/16032845/c/68090.html

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
peepwall[1].gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
Stake, go check out YOOX. Put in boots or ankleboots, pick your size and sort through them all. They sell some cool brands there, and there are a lot of pointy-toed shoes sold there.

I personally don't like the shoes you linked. They're too gaudy for me.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
in that pricerange Pliner chelseas are actually pretty nice

I have this pair in dark red, but it comes in a couple different "blacks"...I got mine on sale for $120 but at full retail they fit in your pricerange and I think the look is what you want too

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/6012598/c/11448.html

they run about .5 size larger than marked

despite what you'll read about Pliner on this forum, they've held up well, the leather is soft full grain, the soles are stitched, not glued. toe is pointed, not just rounded

imo Nason's are kinda ugly

nastyandy

Reaction score
I really would advise against Mark Nason. ..I don't like his gaudy designs, but moreso, I hardly think the quality is worth the price and they are too trend-oriented that you probably won't want to wear them in a year.

I would suggest something from Fyre. Prices range from $200-$400 and they will last forever. Modern Frye boots also have comfprtable insoles.

Alternatively, I have seen some very nice boots from Gordon Rush, but I think that Frye is still more rugged.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Frye boots are excellent, but they don't really satisfy the OP's requirements.. They're generlaly clunky and round-toed.

nastyandy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Frye boots are excellent, but they don't really satisfy the OP's requirements.. They're generlaly clunky and round-toed.

I was thinking of the Frye Western boots, which IMO are the archeotype for the style the Nason is attempting in those boots, but I see that he already has cowboy boots.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nastyandy
I was thinking of the Frye Western boots, which IMO are the archeotype for the style the Nason is attempting in those boots, but I see that he already has cowboy boots.

Ahh. Okay, I didn't realize he wanted cowboy boots, since he namedropped Costume National.

stake

Reaction score
thanks,

i had a look at the pliners. they look sharp. Any idea where i can get them in the UK? or a website that delivers to the UK? Unfortunately zappos only do america....

And i like the frye boots too... my flatmate just bought a pair!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
if yer in the UK, try to find some George Cox winklepicker boots

they are pointed toe, well constructed (goodyear welted) and they only have 3 official retailers worldwide, UK being their primary one. but I couldnt tell you what store specifically has them.

www.georgecox.co.uk

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
also check out Beatwear

they are based in UK so if you have to make returns, it'll be easy and cheap for you

Never owned or seen these irl, but some geezers I know who have say they are pretty good for the price.

GameBoy

Reaction score
If you have a more flamboyant attitude, and you don't mind the brazen details; Mark Nason makes some great boots.

That said - Zappos sells them for 45-60% off during the Christmas season. If you're going to buy them, get them then.

seanchai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
also check out Beatwear

they are based in UK so if you have to make returns, it'll be easy and cheap for you

Never owned or seen these irl, but some geezers I know who have say they are pretty good for the price.

+1 on Beatwear... Russell Brand wears them, I think they look awesome, and well-built.

Russell Brand sucks other than his choice of footwear though. And sometimes his hair.

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone who's friends w/ karl pilkington is fine by me.

Max

Reaction score
Beatwear is you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads