• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you reading?

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
I am reading What do YOU care what People Think, by Richard Feynman. I finished Running with Scissors, by Augusten Burroughs this weekend and a book called Captain Dreyfus on friday.

most_def

Reaction score
Gender Trouble, by Judith Butler. Its for one of my sociology classes. Pretty interesting spin on the feminist theory.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by California Dreamer

Almost finished Shirley Hazzard's "The Great Fire", which boasts the wimpiest wartime hero since the Sword of Honour trilogy (mind you he was played on TV by Daniel Craig, so he must have had a bit of cred).

How is it otherwise? I had this one sitting in my "when I get to it" stack for some time, but have repeatedly passed over it in favor of something else.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Let me know if it's good when you're done. I love all things Roman.

Like gladiator movies, you mean.
wink.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Savile Row Story: An Illustrated History by Richard Walker

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
How is it otherwise? I had this one sitting in my "when I get to it" stack for some time, but have repeatedly passed over it in favor of something else.

It's by no means that bad - I was a bit grumpy when I did that post.
smile.gif

The book is pretty well-paced, although I thought it a bit disorganised. I also felt a little uncomfortable the way she was treating what was essentially a paedophilic desire with kid gloves. She glosses over a lot of the moral implications of her hero's actions. Hazzard writes well, which earns her points in my book (so to speak).

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire

And as soon as that is finished: Augustus: The Life of Rome's First Emperor.

I love Roman history and I have a thing for successful tyrants.

I was inspired by HBO's "Rome" series and find myself increasingly fascinated by that era. I'll check out the books you listed.

blc

Reaction score
From Dawn to Decadence: 500 Years of Western Cultural Life 1500 to the Present by Jacques Barzun.

Swann

Reaction score
I just started "I Am Charlotte Simmons" by Tom Wolfe.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
am half way through "Mergers & Acquisitions" by Dana Vachon - if only because i have a friend who was at JP Morgan during his time there. It's good and reads like a guy's version of the devil wear prada......i'm not sure if that is good or bad yet, but it is a page turner

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads