• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tailored Clothing Widely Considered Gay

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would advise any of those taken aback by Manton's OP to read his book, and then re-evaluate.

At a minimum, read his post about Strauss and Machiavelli.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
dscn2591qw3.jpg

Someone should call my wife to break her the news because that's the best looking outfit I've seen you post in all of your crazy talk threads Manton !
inlove.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ok, now I understand why men keep hitting on me when I wear my 3 peice window pane nail head suit.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Eh, what do you know about it. The last time I saw you, you didn't even look all that gay.
snork[1].gif
Originally Posted by mack11211
Well, for the Collection of Sartorial Excellence I toned it down a little. But it's also me on the runway in Jared's avatar.
We want evidence
biggrin.gif
As for me, I know I am doomed already. As someone (don't remember who exactly) once told someone (about me), "he is not gay, he is just European"
biggrin.gif
P.s. hey mack11211, is there some secret conspiracy going on here trying to dissuade all us poor saps from proper conservative business dress (or BCD) to the evils of colour and patterns by listing things like this or this? P.s. 2 you should donate this relatively tasteful article to Conne!

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Someone should call my wife to break her the news because that's the best looking outfit I've seen you post in all of your crazy talk threads Manton !
inlove.gif

http://www.siteofsteve.net/battle/****/both_homos.jpg

Con Biz Dresser

Reaction score
I remember many suits that looked like the one in the beginning of this thread at the long gone Krass Bros. store on South St. in Philadelphia but I never recall anyone ever making assumptions about a person's sexual orientation over wearing one. My uncle actually had a couple similar suits and would also wear vibrant ties like this and he as far as I know was never openly mistaken for being gay. I find it very offensive to support such stereotypes about gay or straight people based on dress or hairstyle as they eventually lead to prejudices.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JBZ
000410_88.jpg
"You call me gay in a dream, you better wake up and apologize." And don't even suggest this to Mr. Blonde or there'll be a Steeler's Wheel inspired bloodbath.

Notice how there is a man coming from behind who appears to be bareback riding him, yes? Gay. A straight man would never let himself be so closely followed by another male. Especially while wearing a black suit (which is mostly gay) during the daytime.
inlove.gif

mancrush: A hetrosexual man admiring another man to an extreme in a non-romantic or sexual way, more having an intense desire to be that other man. (urbandictionary) Lucky for you, according to popular definition, this is not gay act. You are still straight. Please don't be disappointed.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
mancrush: A hetrosexual man admiring another man to an extreme in a non-romantic or sexual way, more having an intense desire to be that other man. (urbandictionary)

Lucky for you, according to popular definition, this is not gay act. You are still straight. Please don't be disappointed.

Even if I really feel a strong desire to actually wear the pictured outfit?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You mean sort of a sartorial equivalent of Ed Gein
tongue.gif
?

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
We have homosexual saints but being an homosexual fop isn't condoned?

http://www.siteofsteve.net/battle/****/homodomonews.jpg

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only if you want to wear it simultaneously with Manton.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

http://www.siteofsteve.net/battle/****/homoyoufitin.jpg

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jett
That's me, except instead of flip flops I have a pair of steel toed workboots.

In fuchsia?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads