• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Favorite Airline

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Toiletduck
the worst ones are American (Please explain to me why most American stewardesses are around 40-50 years old?)
cos Steve B and his useless union hippy mates seem to think that being old, ugly and fat are not grounds for dismissal.

This is why I like Asia.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've flown some of the shittiest airlines in the world, including:
This is Aeroflot's new image-
Aeroflot_A319_VP-BWA_in_SXF.jpg

They sure look good on the outside but they are still just as horrible on the inside, especially the 767s we get at Dulles.

But, by FAR, the SHITTIEST airline I have ever flown is:
Do you remember what kind of airplane you were on? If it was a 767 or DC10 I can understand since those airplanes have been around for ages (DC10 was retired a while ago, 767 just recently) but their new A330s are very nice.

the worst ones are American (Please explain to me why most American stewardesses are around 40-50 years old?)
Southwest
Hear hear on the Southwest. I can't stand them or JetBlue.

JB

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast

Do you remember what kind of airplane you were on? If it was a 767 or DC10 I can understand since those airplanes have been around for ages (DC10 was retired a while ago, 767 just recently) but their new A330s are very nice.

It wasn't the airplane that was the problem - it was the ****** service from their staff and personnel.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
I've only flown Malev once so far, but no complaints. JFK --> BUD direct flights make up for a lot though.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've flown Malev, Balkan, Jat, Aeroflot.

I used to fly Montenegro airlines once a month or so. they have one plane, maybe a 707. mondays it flies from Podgoriza to Rome, Tuesdays someplace else, wed Podgoriza to Budapest, etc. I would fly in from rome, out through Budapest. they don't sell tickets anyplace but at the airport they are flying from that day, and they only take cash.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It wasn't the airplane that was the problem - it was the ****** service from their staff and personnel.
Ah ok. I've heard more complaints about their sh*tty old airplanes but this is the first I have heard of the staff. That is not good, maybe you were just on a bad flight.

JB

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
I've flown Malev, Balkan, Jat, Aeroflot.

I used to fly Montenegro airlines once a month or so. they have one plane, maybe a 707. mondays it flies from Podgoriza to Rome, Tuesdays someplace else, wed Podgoriza to Budapest, etc. I would fly in from rome, out through Budapest. they don't sell tickets anyplace but at the airport they are flying from that day, and they only take cash.

I haven't flown JAT in a while, but I remember it fondly from my childhood. I've flown Malev, Balkan and Aeroflot more recently, and of the three Malev is probably the best, although, you get that same Eastern European - former Communist bloc vibe from all of them. Balkan was, by far, the worst of the three.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
, you get that same Eastern European - former Communist bloc vibe from all of them.

Hot chicks who want green cards?
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
IMLE...Asiana was the best, but mostly because I flew to Seoul first class

KAL is also very good

Delta was good, once my 6 hr delay ceased

Northwestern, United, American are all average not great not bad. American has been the worst of the 3

Southwest was wholly unpleasant

some of my friends flew a plane called Spirit Air (?) and thought the plane would fall apart since both their food tray screws fell out when they opened it, and the steward had a big hole in his uniform pants. oh and there was what appeared to be dried blood along their windowsill. and it was full of families with little kids, all crying of course

Trilby

Reaction score
Aeroflot can be surprising good on certain routes. LHR-DME is major business route these days and the level of service on Aeroflot is far superior to BA, which continue to milk this highly profitable route by running it as a shorthaul flight (i.e., the same service you get on a short hop to Paris or Frankfurt).

Brian SD

Reaction score
I love Southwest. So chill and many of the people are creepy.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never flown a really nice airline, I have heard that Virgin and British Airways are super nice with the newer planes. I never base my ticket purchase on plane choice.

Ryan Air was alright, it was the baggage checkin terminal at Stansted that frightened me.

The only really bad flight I've had was Alitalia, which is a Delta partner.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I once flew a United and the plane was quite dirty.

Continental, I think has the oldest planes I've seen, with the 70s interior.

Of course, the last time I flew was US Airways, which I think has been in and out of bankruptcy. This is in Dallas:

usairwaysterminal.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads