• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Member's Only jacket

streetfighter

Reaction score
Are Member's Only jackets back? What do you guys think of them?

modagg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by streetfighter
Are Member's Only jackets back? What do you guys think of them?

im pretty sure u would be the only "member".

yerfdog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
joke has been done in movie Shallow Hal

have seen a resurgence of Members Only type jackets, but they may alreayd be on the way back out...

ethirtynine

Reaction score
i wear them. i got a black and a grey one. only seen younger people wearing them tho

Max

Reaction score
The leather ones are doable.

cultpop 0217

I, Manface
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
It can work as long as you don't wear it soley for ironic purposes complete with mustache.

damn.

1005444gb5.jpg

i have been seeing them alot at the salvation army which means they are probably on the way back out (if they are sitting on the racks in any numbers that usually means all the cool kids have stopped hunting them). but for $2 i pick them up all the time.

i have 2 maroon (one with the atari logo painted on the shoulders) a couple black ones (2 are knockoffs), grey, navy and white/cream.

and in black or maroon leather they make a kickass jacket for sure.

tomtraubert

Reaction score
i have a vintage leather one that was made in korea. i've had it for years; sometimes i wear it all week, and sometimes it's in the closet for months. if you find one you like, you shouldn't concern yourself with such silly things as the opinions of others. my $.02 is that non-black leather is best. vintage is probably the way to go. if it's not "in" then you should find a good deal on ebay.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I used to wear a maroon one on occasion. But all the arms are too short for me, which I found annoying. It wasn't supposed to be ironic, it was supposed to be a lightweight jacket.

But I've moved on to Harrington style jackets instead, they avoid the annoying hipster association problem.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a 44L vintage one on the salvation army stack as we speak. I used to wear these things all the time as a kid, mostly white and maroon. I think they are very cool and wish the one I have fit me.

capnpyro

Reaction score
My grandpa has been rocking his gray and burgundy members only jackets since I was born, my grandpas pretty cool but I have no desire to dress like him.. yet..

I remember they got 'popular' again a year or two ago and faded into obscurity soon there after..

Goblin

Reaction score
You should only wear Members Only jackets with those fold-up flea market "Carrera" sunglasses that you carry in a little zippered pouch.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's a Member's Only jacket? Is it a brand name, a style, or both?

Max

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
What's a Member's Only jacket? Is it a brand name, a style, or both?
Member's Only is a famous maker of nylon jackets in the "cafe racer" style. The brand is sort of synonymous with the style at this point, like Polo and tennis shirts (better known as polo shirts)

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple years ago they were popular, they must be out now though my local salvation army has 1000 of them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads