• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offensively Bold Tailored Clothing

Con Biz Dresser

Reaction score
On another note which I am probably going to get a lot of flack for; your right sleeve is rather rumpled and could defiantly benefit from stuffing the jacket when it is being stored. Maybe if you touched it up with some spray and starch it would look crisper.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Con Biz Dresser
I'm sorry Manton but I am not talking about a perfectly tied tie or any dimple for that matter, your knot in the photo looks twisted and pulled to the side, as if you are uncomfortable wearing a tie and trying to take this one off.

Part of the OBTC look is a certain insouciance, a certain degage, sprezzatura, nothing too perfect, a bit eskew, etc.

And, in case it wasn't made perfectly clear from the commentary that accompanied the photo, this lesson is about WHAT NOT TO DO. Hence, it's just possible that I agree with you, and the tie looks like that on purpose.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
although I am just sitting quietly on the side, I would like to point out how much I am enjoying these threads.

Con Biz Dresser

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
And, in case it wasn't made perfectly clear from the commentary that accompanied the photo, this lesson is about WHAT NOT TO DO.

I guess I missed the point Manton but I am happy to hear that your wouldn't actually wear this suit.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
On another note which I am probably going to get a lot of flack for; your right sleeve is rather rumpled and could defiantly benefit from stuffing the jacket when it is being stored. Maybe if you touched it up with some spray and starch it would look crisper.

Once again, you are equating CDB with OCD. There is some overlap, but the two are NOT THE SAME.

And, once again, this thread is a CAUTIONARY. Part of the degage charm (or supposed charm) of OBTC is the imperfections. There is not supposed to be anything about this ensemble that you would like; nothing, not one thing. So you suggesting improvements is rather like a vegetarian giving seasoning advice to a barbeque chef, or a nun giving sex tips to a Appreciation star.

Con Biz Dresser

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Part of the degage charm (or supposed charm) of OBTC is the imperfections.

Well on that note both suits share the imperfection of rumpling but in different places. I can't help to wonder if you are trying to make a point that the two looks in your mind are really not so different?

masterfred

Reaction score
How sad that I've ruined my chances for a decent career. I have (and very much like to wear) a thrifted DB Garrick Anderson suit that looks rather like that one. Oh, well. We can't all have the je ne sais quoi of a former speechwriter to the Prez, and a resident of Westchester.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man I'd never wear anything that gay

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The tie is not one of a true dandy. You can use much better examples of the ANTI UCBD than that thin, small girly knot, which doesn't hang with those lapels. Looks like a damn garden snake.
laugh.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
You guys don't know **** about dressing bold, now this fella here...
TBtux.jpg
a true dandy if there ever was one

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I vote Manton writes a lesson on streetwear in the Streetwear forum.

ps. l2postimages nub

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alias
I vote Manton writes a lesson on streetwear in the Streetwear forum.
I've thought about it, but I decided I didn't want to embarass Fok and BrianSD.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Well on that note both suits share the imperfection of rumpling but in different places. I can't help to wonder if you are trying to make a point that the two looks in your mind are really not so different?

Are you one of those dull-witted bovines who ate paste in grammar school as if it were some sort of delicacy?

Or have you been abusing some other substance that blinds you to irony?

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My plan to make you post pictures of yourself wearing Sugar Canes with a hoodie and looking like a total candyass has failed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads