• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Game of Thrones BOOK Thread: Spoil Away.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm about 100 pages in. I'm liking it so far. It's a little weird to have the timeline parallel the fourth book instead of following it (at least at the moment).

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just finished it. Solid, way better than Feast.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got it on kindle. reading it on my phone and computer all day and i'm only 36% in...

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by L.R.
Just finished it. Solid, way better than Feast.
God damn. What are you, some sort of speed reader?
Not intentionally, but if I get into a good book, I won't put it down until I'm done. So if I have a few hours, I'll knock off a book or two. I really want other people to be done, so I can figure a couple things out with no spoilers.

Last edited:

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not intentionally, but if I get into a good book, I won't put it down until I'm done. So if I have a few hours, I'll knock off a book or two.

I really want other people to be done, so I can figure a couple things out with no spoilers.
I'm done except for tha latest one. Fire away, that's what this thread is for.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm taking it with me to go camping this weekend, so I expect I'll polish it off before I get home. :D

jesask

Reaction score
I have just finished Game of Thrones and am now 100 pages into Clash of Kings. It has been years (approx 20) since I have read a "fantasy" series like this and I am enjoying it.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm done except for tha latest one. Fire away, that's what this thread is for.
It's the latest one I want to talk about haha.

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to B&N to pick up a copy yesterday and they were temporarily sold out. The nerds are coming out of the woodwork for this one...

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Originally Posted by Rambo
that's pretty much everyone who hasn't been killed yet.

I thought "reek" was Roose Bolton's bastard son?

"Reek" was Roose Bolton's bastard son's (Ramsay Snow, now Ramsay Bolton) pet creature. Ramsay dressed Reek up in his clothing as they were being chased (by Karstarks) I believe, and Ramsay was captured and pretended to be Reek.

He revealed himself after sacking Winterfell and killing an army of fellow Northmen, and he kept Theon prisoner and tortured him, and told people that he was Reek (and everyone assumes Theon is dead).
Apparently, this is not the case.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is the paperback ever coming out? I don't really feel like paying 20 for something I won't read again

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is the paperback ever coming out? I don't really feel like paying 20 for something I won't read again

Not for at least a year, probably more. Big name books take forever. For example: Still no paperback for The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest, and actually none planned as of yet. (At least, nothing officially announced)

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Go check it out from the library you lazy sot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads