• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's today's fit:

2011.07.12.jpg

Could use some guidance from the pros. Shirt sleeves are too long, but my plan is to have the cuffs smallerized so they don't hang so much over my palm. (I have 6.25" wrists.) Thoughts on the jacket fit? Anything else? Also wondering what kind of pocket square would go nicely with this.

- K

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harry2quinn
Yay for getting to wear a tie to work. Bespoke shirt, Marinella tie, vintage thrifted jacket, Church's shoes, Samuelsohn pants.
7AAAA247-orig.jpg
F8C591A6-orig.jpg
6E91894F-orig.jpg

Great, but i would wear different shoes under it. Well done on the colour matching.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Here's today's fit:

2011.07.12.jpg

Could use some guidance from the pros. Shirt sleeves are too long, but my plan is to have the cuffs smallerized so they don't hang so much over my palm. (I have 6.25" wrists.) Thoughts on the jacket fit? Anything else? Also wondering what kind of pocket square would go nicely with this.

- K

Leave the shirt. Lengthen coat sleeves.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A last minute shot before heading home.

2011-07-12-18-07-04-325.jpg

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Leave the shirt. Lengthen coat sleeves.
I must respectfully (partially) disagree with Lufty on this one. The shirt appears to be covering part of the palm. I'd shorten the shirt sleeve by .5" and lengthen the jacket sleeve by maybe the same amount. EDIT: Actually, looking again, I'd just shorten the shirt sleeve.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by timotune
I think the infamous "bathroom-shot" has to return:
- shirt collar is to big
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Damn it's hot today.
- IMO your pocket shapes let you down, which I know is hard with OTR.
Originally Posted by IST66
Today
- you need more contrast between top & bottom
Originally Posted by CaymanS
Just took shipment of a bunch of OCBDs. This will be my look for a while. Sporting it here with a half-lined cotton SC and grey wool slacks.
- smaller tie not NDW, Mike & TTO - thank you for your consistency. No offence to a lot of the new members providing commentary & life to this threak, may I suggest you refrain for now as it is like blind leading blind in a bukkake sex house & we all know that the ending will be a mess. IMO new posters, take it easy & don't try & over complicate. If starting fresh, go with basics then add spice to your wardrobe over time. If you already own a car-yard of clothing, then think of what fits you best & get rid of the rest. New posters that actually post fits, it's not till over time that we can start assessing what you can change & that you are serious about change by persisting with posting. It's hard to help with just one post & unfortunately that one post is not captured in optimal settings (we have all been through this, & it takes time). When in doubt, don't do it.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sugarbutch
I must respectfully (partially) disagree with Lufty on this one. The shirt appears to be covering part of the palm. I'd shorten the shirt sleeve by .5" and lengthen the jacket sleeve by maybe the same amount. EDIT: Actually, looking again, I'd just shorten the shirt sleeve.

I agree. k it looks good otherwise. Jacket has decent shape. As far as squares, you can't really go wrong with a white tv, but with that combo you could do almost anything, add a splash of color, keep in conservative, just make sure the square has a complimentary similar color, and not a matchy one.

Catch y'all on the flipside.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
Pant length on these looks much better without the cuff.

Thanks, Nick. You were the only one to notice that I ditched the cuffs.

Originally Posted by Phat Guido

NDW, Mike & TTO - thank you for your consistency.

No offence to a lot of the new members providing commentary & life to this threak, may I suggest you refrain for now as it is like blind leading blind in a bukkake sex house & we all know that the ending will be a mess.

IMO new posters, take it easy & don't try & over complicate. If starting fresh, go with basics then add spice to your wardrobe over time. If you already own a car-yard of clothing, then think of what fits you best & get rid of the rest.

New posters that actually post fits, it's not till over time that we can start assessing what you can change & that you are serious about change by persisting with posting. It's hard to help with just one post & unfortunately that one post is not captured in optimal settings (we have all been through this, & it takes time).

When in doubt, don't do it.

Thanks, G. And, sage advice.

Mike

KtownGreg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by anginaprinzmetal
Pic 1 very nice
Pic 2 very very nice
Pic 3 ... mint julep ... awesome

Thanks, crazy mint from my backyard.

Originally Posted by gnatty8
This is a really nice tie Greg, I have a similar one in silk but looks much better here. The only thing I would do differently is the square, just seems to be off there on its own.. Maybe simple white?

Great coat BTW, is it linen?

Perhaps, yes linen with a trace of silk: Sammy MTM

Originally Posted by NOBD
That's what I like about it. Doesn't 'pick up' anything, but goes well with the green tie. IMO.

Poor representation in photo but there was a hint of green in the PS. I liked the contrast.

Hot and bothered today....

WAYWT-2-10.jpg
WAYWT-1-12.jpg

WAYWT-3-7.jpg
WAYWT-2-9.jpg
WAYWT-1-11.jpg

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KtownGreg
Poor representation in photo but there was a hint of green in the PS. I liked the contrast.

Ah, I think I can see it now. Subtle enough for me, and I like the contrast as well.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

No offence to a lot of the new members providing commentary & life to this threak, may I suggest you refrain for now as it is like blind leading blind in a bukkake sex house & we all know that the ending will be a mess.

IMO new posters, take it easy & don't try & over complicate. If starting fresh, go with basics then add spice to your wardrobe over time. If you already own a car-yard of clothing, then think of what fits you best & get rid of the rest.

New posters that actually post fits, it's not till over time that we can start assessing what you can change & that you are serious about change by persisting with posting. It's hard to help with just one post & unfortunately that one post is not captured in optimal settings (we have all been through this, & it takes time).

When in doubt, don't do it.[/

This is good advice, doesn't just apply to newer members though.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
2011.07.12.jpg

Could use some guidance from the pros.

Not a pro, but I'll chime in. That's a beautiful jacket, k-man, and I'd like to know who made it. It's pulling a little too much at the buttoning point, though. You can have that fixed when you take it in to have its sleeves lengthened. The shirt sleeves look fine to me. (The left-hand cuff might be hanging just a little low, but not enough that it bothers me.)

it is like blind leading blind in a bukkake sex house & we all know that the ending will be a mess.
Must...get...image...out of...head.

Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
5932902662_8ff43ef7ed_b.jpg

I like the way the tie pops out of all that blue. However, I don't like the clunky shoes with the slim suit in particular or with your lanky frame in general. Something sleeker would look much better, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads