• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PC not recognizing my Android phone

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, it is and isn't. When I plug my phone in (USB) and choose the "mount as disk drive" option, the phone doesn't show up in My Computer. When I go to Devices and Printers (I'm running Windows 7 64) there is in fact an "Android Phone" listed. But when I open it up and look at the "storage" tab, there's no volume listed. So I assume it's not recognizing the phone as a drive.

I don't understand why it's not recognizing the phone as a disk drive. Any ideas? FWIW, this computer also didn't recognize an iPod (albeit very old one) I plugged in.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Are you sure you didn't choose "mount a dick and drive" on accident?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
there's something wrong with your phone. this and your recent female situation proves it.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure there is a setting to "enable disk function" on the android, either through the phone itself or on the interface application. find that

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I blame it on the new SF sidebar.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I tried it on my parents' ****** old Windows Vista desktop and it was recognized instantly. WTF!!!!! This is so annoying. I almost want to re-install Windows.
angry.gif

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

951socal

Reaction score
Mine isn't recognized either, but i have succsessfully rooted it with it connected. its just android, its not all that reliable or great reboot the phone a few times

roycel

Reaction score
i've had problems like this before on my work computer. my work computer (a Dell) won't recognize my phone and sometimes, my flash drives. i think this is due to the lack of drive current from the PC. ...or perhaps the amount of current that my phone and my flash drives draw.

anyway, if you're using an aftermarket USB cable, try using the one that came with the phone.

if this doesn't work, i'd suggest an aftermarket PCI host USB card. they're super cheap and usually better designed.

similar to how ipods have poorly cheap headphone amplifiers (they sure sound like ****), motherboard manufacturers seem to sometimes skimp on the interface design ...

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

951socal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by roycel
i've had problems like this before on my work computer. my work computer (a Dell) won't recognize my phone and sometimes, my flash drives. i think this is due to the lack of drive current from the PC. ...or perhaps the amount of current that my phone and my flash drives draw.

anyway, if you're using an aftermarket USB cable, try using the one that came with the phone.

if this doesn't work, i'd suggest an aftermarket PCI host USB card. they're super cheap and usually better designed.

similar to how ipods have poorly cheap headphone amplifiers (they sure sound like ****), motherboard manufacturers seem to sometimes skimp on the interface design ...

im pretty sure its an android issue, i have the froyo version, and a few of my coworkers have had the same issue along side 3 different phone models, purchased at different times, and on 3 seperate operating systems.

i have an older gaming PC i just turned into a file server, running admin's paradise and ubuntu on 2 seperate partitions
nothing

windows 7 laptop- phone recognizes that its connected to the computer but computer doesn't recognize its there

and then the only thing that does pick it up is actually an old hackintosh i've built, OSX tiger. had its since high school when that was new.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads