• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gbrown_nyc
I picked up my first bespoke from her and Dino this weekend. Really pleased with it, I'm no expert like many of the others on the forum, but I thoroughly enjoyed the process and the final product.

It's a mid-grey suit with jetted pockets (no flaps), unlined and light as a feather. I will admit it's strange to go from high-quality RTW to bespoke, it almost doesn't feel like it fits right but I think that's because it fits so well if that makes sense. I turned all styling over to her, it feels very elegant...she really nailed it.

Also had a first fitting on two sports coats that she's working on. I'll post pics when I get a chance but one is a Loro Piana shepard check that may be of interest to the poster above. It's lighter in colour and weight than the Brunello (which I have) but has a lot of visual interest. The other is a blue (glen plaid?) that Dino picked out. He's got more style than I do so I've got trust in his eye.

I've read lots on the forum about the bespoke process and followed the various discussions/disagreements over points of style and technical matters with interest (at least those that I could understand). For me it's been nothing but pure enjoyment. They're lovely people, I appreciate doing business with them and couldn't be happier with the product. It's just neat to be around people who have craft, who have passion and who have pride in what they do. I'd recommend the experience to anybody with a passing interest in clothes. Fascinating stuff.

Smart man.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
I think I will have a fitting for a brown glen check jacket and a gray flannel suit this week.
Don't you already have a couple of grey flannel suits? I seem to at least recall a single button one with patch pockets...

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes. Gray flannel is my favorite kind of suit to wear, so I don't mind having a few. This will be a PoW from Fox Flannel so a little different.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. Gray flannel is my favorite kind of suit to wear, so I don't mind having a few. This will be a PoW from Fox Flannel so a little different.

Which one is it, K?

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
They call it navy and ecru with a dark green windowpane. The effect is kind of a cool gray. I'm DTO-ing NOBD. 2-pc SB, but with flap pockets.

Fox_CWF9A005233.png

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Are you using NSM exclusively now? No more Chan?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They call it navy and ecru with a dark green windowpane. The effect is kind of a cool gray. I'm DTO-ing NOBD. 2-pc SB, but with flap pockets.

Fox_CWF9A005233.png

I know it. Very nice.

I'd love a suit in their navy windowpane flannel. That'll be down the line though.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

fistbump.gif

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing Mina and Dino tomorrow.

-LR

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fox_CWF9A005233.png

Flap pockets! Great. I'm glad that you've finally come to your senses

Lightbringer

Reaction score
I am looking forward to seeing Mina tomorrow. Seeing her in Boston will mean that I have seen her four different cities so far, which amuses me greatly.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Fox_CWF9A005233.png

i would love a suit made out of that fabric

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Black shoes?

Fox_CWF9A005233.png

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. Do you regret getting patch pockets on the solid grey flannel suit or are the flaps on this one just because you like the diversity and/or that you feel they're better suited to this fabric?

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
Flap pockets! Great. I'm glad that you've finally come to your senses
laugh.gif
I still love a good patch pocket. But, some suits just call for flaps.
Originally Posted by Lightbringer
I am looking forward to seeing Mina tomorrow. Seeing her in Boston will mean that I have seen her four different cities so far, which amuses me greatly.
You're 1 city ahead of me.
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Black shoes?
Black is back! Move it up a notch on the iGent hype cycle.
smile.gif
Originally Posted by Kaplan
Sounds good. Do you regret getting patch pockets on the solid grey flannel suit or are the flaps on this one just because you like the diversity and/or that you feel they're better suited to this fabric?
No regrets. I was having some fun with that. Generally, I like patch pockets on sport coats and casual suits and flaps for more formal fabrics. Gray flannel probably calls for flaps, but I think sometimes you can go either way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads