• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoo, Mike, Harry, TTO, Very sharp.
fing02[1].gif
fing02[1].gif

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harry2quinn
Fair point - unfortunately my collection is lacking in conservative pocket squares. I need to earn more money so I can splurge some on Kent Wang.

Always splurge on the Wang.
laugh.gif
plain.gif

When in doubt/need, there's always the plain old white hanky TV fold.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
How in the hell can one look THAT cool in the Nawlins heat? How? HOW?!?!?!
worship.gif

I was sweating bullets when taking my pics.
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Ask him to take pics a now after a few hours wear.
wink.gif

My office is about 62 degrees. I could wear my 10 pound Nutter in here and not break a sweat.
satisfied.gif

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
I was sweating bullets when taking my pics.
lol8[1].gif

My office is about 62 degrees. I could wear my 10 pound Nutter in here and not break a sweat.
satisfied.gif

I always assumed you had a junior associate following you around all day with a fan.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
satisfied.gif

That's how we do it in Atlanta too. We go directly from air cond. home to air cond. car to air cond. office door. Grand total of distance covered outside = less than 50 ft if you do it right. Lunches out require valet parking or you just go in your shirt sleeves.

This allows the average Atlanta businessman to wear his same medium to light weight conservative dark wool suits and lace up oxfords every month of the year, regardless of weather. There shall be NO linen, cotton nor seersucker allowed don't you know.
satisfied.gif
That would be just plain 'ol fey and pretentious and is pretty much strictly not done except perhaps at some of the most prestigous downtown law firms.

Unless of course you decide to simply wear your khaki's, polo shirt, and sockless loafers and completely ditch the entire concept of business attire altogether.

Evenings however do require a 'formal rig' consisting of the same khaki pants, polo shirt, AND a blue blazer, socks are again strictly forbidden unless attending a funeral or a lynching
laugh.gif

Thus we will live from now until October........

Pembers

Reaction score
First post here, looking for constructive criticism! I've been lurking for a little while, and have already learnt a lot. I'm just shy of 20 years old, a student, and doing a vac scheme at a City law firm. I've been there for a week already - and have had to get along with my one reasonable suit every day, unfortunately. My other one has been reserved for college football team socials for the past two years...and is absolutely disgusting.

I'm not interested in the job at the end of it, so am not feeling the need to dress ultra-conservatively; hence the brown shoes and PS.

hdp0114.jpg

hdp0115.jpg

Notwithstanding the crap photography, what do people think?

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pembers
First post here, looking for constructive criticism! I've been lurking for a little while, and have already learnt a lot. I'm just shy of 20 years old, a student, and doing a vac scheme at a City law firm. I've been there for a week already - and have had to get along with my one reasonable suit every day, unfortunately. My other one has been reserved for college football team socials for the past two years...and is absolutely disgusting.

I'm not interested in the job at the end of it, so am not feeling the need to dress ultra-conservatively; hence the brown shoes and PS.

hdp0114.jpg

hdp0115.jpg

Notwithstanding the crap photography, what do people think?

Welcome Pembers,

It all looks pretty solid for a guy's first business suit. Although it's a bit hard to see too well in the photos.

You could use a slight shortening of the coat sleeve 1/2". This is a cheap and easy alteration and will allow your shirt cuff to show as it should. A slightly shorter coat in general might look a bit better on you - although what you currently have is within the 'proper' range and I wouldn't suggest altering it - as it's a somewhat pricy alteration that doesn't always turn out well.

A good solid first suit - better than many.

Are you looking for more suits? If you are certain of your size you can't beat the quality from 'The Wizard of Aahz' on Ebay. $329.00 will buy you a fully canvased suit in a decent, if uninspired fabric. You've gotta be sick of wearing the same suit everyday already!

Carry on private!

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gdot
What's the temp and humidity in Nola today? About 100/100?
Not much different than Hotlanta, I'll bet.

Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
a1-8-1.jpg

Ah, the maize and blue. Brings a nostalgic tear to my eye. Thanks, cp.

ndw

Reaction score
One of the hottest days of summer...

VUfYy.jpg
txWhf.jpg

zgzcZ.jpg

ndw

Reaction score
Sales1.JPG

Pant length on these looks much better without the cuff.

Pembers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gdot

Welcome Pembers,

It all looks pretty solid for a guy's first business suit. Although it's a bit hard to see too well in the photos.

You could use a slight shortening of the coat sleeve 1/2". This is a cheap and easy alteration and will allow your shirt cuff to show as it should. A slightly shorter coat in general might look a bit better on you - although what you currently have is within the 'proper' range and I wouldn't suggest altering it - as it's a somewhat pricy alteration that doesn't always turn out well.

A good solid first suit - better than many.

Are you looking for more suits? If you are certain of your size you can't beat the quality from 'The Wizard of Aahz' on Ebay. $329.00 will buy you a fully canvased suit in a decent, if uninspired fabric. You've gotta be sick of wearing the same suit everyday already!

Carry on private!

Thanks for the feedback - really helpful! I'll try and post better pics in the coming days. I have a pretty interesting collection of ebayed/hand-me-down shirts and shoes...

I'm not looking for another suit right now - although I definately am sick of wearing the same every day - as, after this week, I won't be wearing one regularly again for at least another year. Seems best for the time being to concentrate on more casual clothes. When the time comes, though, I'll invest in a few nice ones.

The current suit actually is fully-canvassed - it's a "Benjamin" from ehaberdasher.com. Cost me £360 shipped from the US, which was quite extravagant for me, but good value.

davidc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IST66
Today
1-168.jpg

2-124.jpg

To be clear, I (the noob) like this a lot.
It looks like something I would have worn pre SF. I think the fit is very nice.
But post SF I don't think there's enough contrast between the jacket and the pants.

So, am or am I not getting it?
Without a doubt I've got a long way to go and that's why I'm asking.

FumblesOBrien

Reaction score
Hitting the links on my day off.

Sorry for the low quality. My camera just broke. Shirt is navy and belt is brown.

PAtPr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads