• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Take your photos and post them on b&s and include proper length and width measurements. I am sure they will sell there

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoke to the CEO. This was the response..

He said that these boots came in either E or EE. This was probably an 8.5E and that they could have used a piece that was stamped EEE and sand it down to the shape of the last(i am not a bootmaker, someone here could help explain this better). As for the heel stack, he said that was the standard thickness- same as Blazin's pair. The w+h ones had a thicker heel stack?? You guys decide.

They overlooked on the topy issue. Guess i would have to head down and do the topy at my local cobbler. Everything else seems good.

The factory will be closed for 2 weeks. Next production order will take place after that and the boots will be ready in about 6-8 weeks(yeah right..thats 3 months according to our recent experience). Good luck for those who wanna make an order.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^So would they allow u to exhcange? And if so do they cover the shipping back to them? You should get your money refunded with the topy

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Dayton has their own forum to ***** about "these guys from this fahiony-forumz..: with their endless calls and emails..
laugh.gif

No, but seriously, it doesn't sound like the CEO really made an attempt to remedy the situation, which kind of sucks. Happy customers go a long long way, even if you take a hit right now. Just look at Epaulet. That customer base is insane...and it's not just b/c of the goods.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You know how many refund, etc. requests they would receive if they let one customer go ahead with it? Word will get out and they will be swamped about issues with this and that. Wait, this is starting to sound familiar .....

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onijo84
The factory will be closed for 2 weeks. Next production order will take place after that and the boots will be ready in about 6-8 weeks(yeah right..thats 3 months according to our recent experience).

Wait what? Closed starting when?
ffffuuuu.gif

stick

Reaction score
they could have used a piece that was stamped EEE and sand it down to the shape of the last(i am not a bootmaker, someone here could help explain this better)

You have a piece of paper labelled 8.5"x11". You want a piece of paper 8"x10.5", so you trim the sides. Label still says 8.5"x11", but **** the label.

The w+h ones had a thicker heel stack?? You guys decide.
No. I don't know what the hell some of you are smoking, but pics of the W+H collab all show a relatively short heel, with a rubber piece at the bottom.

PoLb4.jpg

0bAXl.jpg

9eYiQ.jpg

HUgkQ.jpg

JAoJP.jpg

This sale has brought out some of the whiniest bitches in the world.

5tan

Reaction score
I guess I'll give them a call tomorrow to see the status on my order.
It's been so long, I don't even care for the boots anymore, lol.

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoke to the CEO. This was the response..

He said that these boots came in either E or EE. This was probably an 8.5E and that they could have used a piece that was stamped EEE and sand it down to the shape of the last(i am not a bootmaker, someone here could help explain this better). As for the heel stack, he said that was the standard thickness- same as Blazin's pair. The w+h ones had a thicker heel stack?? You guys decide.

They overlooked on the topy issue. Guess i would have to head down and do the topy at my local cobbler. Everything else seems good.

The factory will be closed for 2 weeks. Next production order will take place after that and the boots will be ready in about 6-8 weeks(yeah right..thats 3 months according to our recent experience). Good luck for those who wanna make an order.

I'm pretty sure the heel on the Dayton model is not stacked like the W+H version. I just measured mine-from the instep to the end of the topy-and they come to 9/16 of an inch. Anyone with the W+H version want to settle this question by measuring theirs?

Also, and it's kind of hard to describe, but the toe caps under the leather look like they are both either for a right or left boot-a lot of asymmetry between the two toe caps. Anyone else have this problem?

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stick
This sale has brought out some of the whiniest bitches in the world.

Says he who got his already
laugh.gif

Local_Disk

Reaction score
If I ever get my boots in, I'll compare the heel with my W+H collab, assuming someone else hasnt done so already. At the moment, I honestly just feel like canceling my order, if I can even do that.

stick

Reaction score
^^ Eh, good things come to those who don't *****.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stick
^^ Eh, good things come to those who don't *****.

Yeah, you were predestined to get a pair because of your stellar personality.
KARMA DUDE!

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think someone's trolling.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads