• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
New banners to the right + iPhone =
ffffuuuu.gif

ruined my mobile browsing experience

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
Rad. Ordered three BoO shirts in three different sizes (2, 3, and 4) to figure out which size I am. At least two are going back, maybe all three if I'm not crazy about whichever one fits.

I love abusing large retailers' generous return policies.

why didnt you just go to the brick and mortar in the first place?
redface.gif

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
why didnt you just go to the brick and mortar in the first place?
redface.gif

Because the only Barney's in my town is only a Co-op and has a scattered collection of over-designed pieces, a bunch of N&F/APC (denim only), and not much else.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
It produces a lot of dead page space once you get past the affiliate banners.

Random SZ WAYWT cross post from Fark just 'cause I thought it was awesome:

Originally Posted by shahanshah
ruined my mobile browsing experience

There will be text wrap, and the right hand will have a lot more than ads - product reviews, latests posts, your latest PMs (on the front page only), etc... Sorry about the inconvenience in the next couple of days, while we actually make things work.

Cheers,

Fok.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
no prob F, btw the way I was going to edit the post: mobile browsing ruined only on iOS. crackberry still displays the same way as before even with your expanded spam trick
devil.gif

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
Because the only Barney's in my town is only a Co-op and has a scattered collection of over-designed pieces, a bunch of N&F/APC (denim only), and not much else.
ahh, got it. hopefully it works out. edit: also, does tres bien shop have a currency switch function? ive logged and and nothing so far.. edit#2: who bought the white "laced up" rafs from forward in a 41
ffffuuuu.gif
!!!!!!

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
That guy's post is more indicative of SW&D's collective approach to clothing two or three years ago. I don't see much fawning over the heritage stuff anymore. Or at least, nowhere near the level of where it used to be. Most people in SW&D seem to have moved on to the "baller" aesthetic or the more left-of-center takes on heritage/work wear stuff. Now, go over to Superdenim and that guy has a point. But he's off the mark, since he's not referencing Sufu at all.
Workwear died in 08. That just makes the current Americanans that much more unbearable ("Man, I'm so above the hype, I AM A PICKUP TRUCK I AM AMERICA")
Originally Posted by thatguymj
Well put, Jet. You may post bs from time to time, but above is truth. That guy also seemed to say the average person in SWD is college aged, I strongly disagree. Most here seem to be mid to late 20s to early 30s, if I had to guess based on pictures. They seem to think far too highly of themselves on that side of the forum which was one of the many reasons I may have started reading this site for the MC stuff but I quickly moved over here. I still dress MC often for work and other special events, but when I can, I would NEVER choose to dress like that over SWD. Oh, and btw, I am in my 30s and an accountant. Maybe more of a typical MC type of job and age, but kill me if I ever start acting and dressing like most of the stuck up, rule following sheep over there.
The worst are the 20 something diehard MCers, they just confuse the hell out of me. I'm all for wearing suits, but get serious here
Desi;4668651 said:
she? Anyway I'd **** Wintour.
Oops. And that's just nastay
ahh, got it. hopefully it works out. edit: also, does tres bien shop have a currency switch function? ive logged and and nothing so far.. edit#2: who bought the white "laced up" rafs from forward in a 41
ffffuuuu.gif
!!!!!!

At the top center, there's text saying "Your Country: X" Click on X and you get a page to change your location (and therefore currency) Robin has a blawg? What other posters I like have blogs? The forum dying is kind of annoying, I'm assuming it has something to do with the metamorphosis into Styleforum: The Next Generation

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i guess they didnt change canada, still shows in euros(thats why i asked)
changed it to usa, dollars.
thanks kit

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sort of a balenciaga vibe going on there.
really like what isa ora's been putting out!

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Came within seconds of making an impulse buy on a pair of brown ponyhair Cuban heeled side zips ($335+shipping). Not sure if I regret not pulling that trigger or if I'm grateful that I spared my wallet the hit

Also, I have some ideas I jotted down and they're really making me want to buy a new sewing machine (which I've been saying I would for about a year) and go to work. I have no idea where to get decent fabric around here though

thatguymj

Reaction score
sort of a balenciaga vibe going on there.
really like what isa ora's been putting out!

I actually found 5 or 6 different Isaora pieces on gilt of all places the other day. Got my brother-in-law a dope pair of snowboard type pants. Kinda regret not trying an item or 2 for myself...

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads