• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Damn it's hot today.
1a8735a1.jpg

The suit without a tie thing has been debated here before... this shows that with the right suit and shirt (and in the right person, of course) it can look very good: at least, I don't miss the tie here.
fing02[1].gif

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn it's hot today.
7761a723.jpg

Alternaposes:

24cfd0b0.jpg

1a8735a1.jpg

e4a6cc3f.jpg

Love every detail of this. I like the contrast the PS brings to the whole look...but if you did go lighter a mint green would look great too.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Sales1.JPG

Sales2.JPG
[/SPOILER]

Good stuff sir! Picked up some moar linenz for the pending visit...can't wait is all I can say!

Originally Posted by IST66
Today
1-168.jpg
Beautiful stuff IST!

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sales1.JPG

Sales2.JPG

Quoted for 5'9" lawyer solidarity
laugh.gif

This looks dammed good, I could never pull off the tough as nails bruiser look.

Have you ever considered plaintiffs' work? This shot would make a great bus advertisement.
lol8[1].gif

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn it's hot today.
7761a723.jpg

Alternaposes:

24cfd0b0.jpg

1a8735a1.jpg

e4a6cc3f.jpg

I've been wearing a lot of suits without ties this summer (and sparing SF most of the carnage) - this is the look perfected.

Sales1.JPG

Sales2.JPG

If I ever have to die at the hand of an assassin, I'd want it to be you.

Originally Posted by IST66
Today
1-168.jpg

Butta! Well played!

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gdot
Gotta admire a man who wears wool in this heat - that takes 'a set' - even in tropical weight fabrics - that coat is still lined.

What's the temp and humidity in Nola today? About 100/100?

Dress to win - don't take any prisoners. Well done sir.

There is nothing tropical about that suit. It is relatively heavy, as a matter of fact. It is so brutal here in NOLA that I had to wipe the camera lens twice while taking pics, it kept fogging up with condensation. The only thing good about summer here is that it is the cash season, so it can be exciting.
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Nice conservative fit, Mike.

Thanks, CG.

Originally Posted by PandArts

Good stuff sir! Picked up some moar linenz for the pending visit...can't wait is all I can say!

Man up, bring your tweed.
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by luftvier
Quoted for 5'9" lawyer solidarity
laugh.gif

This looks dammed good, I could never pull off the tough as nails bruiser look.

Have you ever considered plaintiffs' work? This shot would make a great bus advertisement.
lol8[1].gif

I am still laughing that people here thought I was 6'2". I wish! I was a Plaintiff's attorney for the first 10 years of my career...before I joined the dark side.
smile.gif

Mike

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
If I ever have to die at the hand of an assassin, I'd want it to be you.

That was my second career choice. Unfortunately, I was too sentimental and lacked the general detached coolness required for contract wet work.
plain.gif

Mike

oldog/oldtrix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman
Lufty not you too with the collar buttons bullshit?

Originally Posted by sugarbutch
It's not my thing, but PG did offer a decent justification for this practice: The same shirt can be used with a jacket and without. His preferred collar style for each use is available by buttoning/unbuttoning.

Originally Posted by luftvier
I didn't realize it would be this controversial.

The real story: I unbuttoned it because I didn't want to wear an OCBD today, but that was the shirt I had ironed and ready to go. Being lazy and short on time this morning, I tried the PG unbuttoned collar trick.

It's not half bad, really, and I think the unbuttoned OCBD with a suit looks better than a buttoned OCBD with a suit.

Originally Posted by kevinsp8
I think it's less of a sin to just wear the collar buttoned with the suit. Especially with a more casual suit.

As a practical matter, I'd bet more non-SF people would notice you'd left your collar unbuttoned than would object to a button down with a suit.

In here, I think some see it as contrived.

The Agnelli (collar buttons unbuttoned):

The Astaire/anti-Agnelli (collar buttons buttoned plus a collar pin):

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a1-8-1.jpg

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am still laughing that people here thought I was 6'2". I wish! I was a Plaintiff's attorney for the first 10 years of my career...before I joined the dark side.
smile.gif

Ah, so you've already made your millions and have turned to a life of leisure?
smile.gif

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NONE of us are trying hard enough to capture our fit pics. Witness:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
NONE of us are trying hard enough to capture our fit pics. Witness:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Great. I think it started with this one:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads