• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Okay, everyone is looking great today so collective props.

Denim tuxedo:

Jacket: APC
tee: Lad musician
Belt: Baltazar
Jeans: Dior
Shoes: converse
jewellery: S2A

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
Sauce, think that might go a bit better with a slimmer jean - PBJ? Maybe something with a subtle taper...
Thought about it and dismissed it--I wanted a looser and more casual fit. The PBJs looked like I just couldn't find my slacks, so I went with jeans instead. It may just be that the outfit doesn't work as I intended.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
And GS, I know the Grinders are homage to an iconoclastic subculture etc. etc., but imo they look ridiculous - straight clownin'. Sorry, I had to say it.
redface.gif

no prob....old habits die hard
marchal.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Thought about it and dismissed it--I wanted a looser and more casual fit. The PBJs looked like I just couldn't find my slacks, so I went with jeans instead. It may just be that the outfit doesn't work as I intended.

I agree with Sauce's idea. When I see slim jeans with an outfit like this, it looks like the guy wants to not have to wear trousers, rather than deliberating choosing to wear jeans. The latter is much better. I like the juxtaposition of the styles (preppy vest with slim shirt) and the loose, slacker rocker dude jeans. The wallet (which will hurt your back dude) and obvious wear on the jeans with the bit of slouch is what makes this work.

I might have gone with Lighter colored and perhaps even slightly chunkier footwear to make the juxaposition even more obvious (There used to be great picture of Nathan Bogle wearing a something very similar, with an even looser pair of RB2s, paired with Natases, in the Rag&Bone online lookbook)

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I might have gone with Lighter colored and perhaps even slightly chunkier footwear to make the juxaposition even more obvious (There used to be great picture of Nathan Bogle wearing a something very similar, with an even looser pair of RB2s, paired with Natases, in the Rag&Bone online lookbook)

I chose the Vans because they were a bit chunkier than my other sneakers (all Chucks and Adidas besides the Vans), and because they always seem to go with argyle in my head--old skater connections--but I agree with the lighter-colored comment.

I could have worn my APCs and gone even looser with the jeans, actually, but I didn't think of it. Now I'm wondering.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
target blazer / gap shirt / nudie / chucks

330om3.jpg

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
I could have worn my APCs and gone even looser with the jeans, actually, but I didn't think of it. Now I'm wondering.

Different strokes, man - I'm feeling slimmer below the knee looks more and more; I think all the SuFu lurkage is rubbing off on me.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^^haha you're gonna hate all my pants then

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
^^haha you're gonna hate all my pants then

Dude, I haven't even seen them, and I hate them already. Listening to you talk about them without a single picture is making me all
musicboohoo[1].gif
Is this indicative of your mad skillz with the ladies too
crackup[1].gif

Time to step it up man. You have 2 days to kill it with your one perfect shot, ninja boy.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I wuv you too fokky
inlove.gif

I think the noose that is academia has finally made you crack!
crackup[1].gif

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
kiton1es6.jpg

kiton2ql2.jpg

Kiton lightweight brown/grey tweed coat, RG brown/grey paisley shirt, AA T, Earnest Sewn Fulton Line Dry, Longhi belt, dark brown custom Vass Budapests.

capnpyro

Reaction score
Nothing terribly interesting to see here, except I love this tshirt. It's a Studio D'Artisan tee.. on the back it says 'Two Pig trade mark.Athretic association.' Engrish makes me happy.

fri002.jpg

SDA tee
Dior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads