• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I hate San Francisco.

worldrunner

Reaction score
Hate SF so much that I am going today! Looking to pick some shirts up from PINK

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gaymafia
Sorry but SF bores me to tears.

Tribeca is just way more... metropolitan.

tumblr_kx6ku4cPsz1qzzhzdo1_500.jpg

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
wait ... is there an Apple store in Tribeca?

gaymafia

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
wait ... is there an Apple store in Tribeca?
LOL, Tribecans have hired help to carry out menial tasks like going to "stores".

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
wait this isn't the thread I clicked on at all

youngScholar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
The worst thing about SF, after the Communists, is the terrible public transportation, requiring you to take a car everywhere, which is also a nightmare because the traffic sucks and you can't park anywhere. This is a huge, huge problem. Life in NY is much easier in that respect.

Still, I'd rather be there than here.

Public transport in SF is bad by NY standards, but by American standards in general it is very good (I grew up in the Midwest). I have no car here, so I take MUNI all over the place. How well it suits your needs really depends on where you need to go during your day. While you encounter the occasional Communist - even a Maoist on occasion - it's not that bad.

worldrunner

Reaction score
damn SF was cold in the presidio this weekend...So windy and foggy...Lil Italy was full of action on Sunday. However, I didnt know Little CIty market was closed and I wasnt going to be able to get any cured ham
frown.gif

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Originally Posted by youngScholar
I have no car here, so I take MUNI all over the place. How well it suits your needs really depends on where you need to go during your day.

My limited use of MUNI gave me the impression there were way too many stops.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
My limited use of MUNI gave me the impression there were way too many stops.

Boston,s worse. Every ******* stop light corresponds to a stop below.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For those who didn't see my thread, those who know and hate the hipster coffee scene in San Francisco will appreciate this:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

emptym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
dsc5253a.jpg

Beautiful shot. Watching the fog creep over the hills in Marin or South San Francisco is one of my favorite things in SF.

On the other hand, being in the midst of the fog creeping in in the Sunset or Richmond is one of my least favorite.
Originally Posted by mordecai
Boston,s worse. Every ******* stop light corresponds to a stop below.
This is true for the B branch on the Green line but is it true of any other line?

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imatlas
Sorry, but the only one of those complaints that's valid is the cost, outside of London SF cabs are the most expensive I've used. LA cabs aren't so bad on a per mile basis, but everything is so damned far apart it winds up to be very expensive (like $80 to get from LAX to Downtown LA). NY cabs are a relative bargain.

I was also surprised about how cheap the NY caps were, in comparison.

Originally Posted by imatlas
The other complaint about getting a cab "when you really need one" (like somehow that only applies when the bars close?) is a universal truth, regardless of city.

That's not true. As long as I'm not in some obscure neighborhood, I have never had a hard time getting a cab in Chicago. Yes, even when the bars close down at 5AM (it's been several years since I've been out til 5AM). The same goes for the several times I have visited NY. I recall walking about a mile with some friends at 2AM through San Francisco searching endlessly for a cab to get back and getting approached by aggressive bums trying to get back Mission area where we were staying.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
Beautiful shot. Watching the fog creep over the hills in Marin or South San Francisco is one of my favorite things in SF.

On the other hand, being in the midst of the fog creeping in in the Sunset or Richmond is one of my least favorite.

My current apartment faces Twin Peaks squarely, but our new apartment faces east. I'm going to miss our view of the fog rolling / creeping / streaming over Twin Peaks and around Sutro Tower.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads