• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reezy
Dam...I'm from Toronto too and I haven't got my boot yet...called and emailed them but they never get back at me with much of a response on the status of the boot.

EDIT: All of you that received your boots, did you get a tracking number sent to you by Dayton or anything?

Yep got tracking and I live in TO. Mine is waiting at home right now. Will post sizing when I get home.

reezy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by irbe
Yep got tracking and I live in TO. Mine is waiting at home right now. Will post sizing when I get home.

Finally got a response from them, going to be shipped out in a couple of days
teacha.gif

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blazingazn
send them back for a replacement or refund.

this is good to know ... though id rather swap with someone stateside on sf if i need it

Nazareth

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gettoasty
brown are nice
Agreed. Those look just about perfect in my opinion. I just bought a pair of 8's in oiled brown. Hoping they fit okay with some insoles/wool socks.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking as an outsider who didn't get in on this great discount, I'm really regretting not taking up Dayton on their promotion when it was still active. The boots look great, and the price is really something. It looks like there's been a lot of unhappiness over Dayton's slow and delayed shipping estimates, but the end results really do look worth it.

If anybody isn't happy with the boots that they received, shoot me a PM, and I'll take it off your hands.

I'm a size 9.5D on the Brannock, so I'm guessing an 8 for the Dayton boots.
redface.gif

Nazareth

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jslade
Speaking as an outsider who didn't get in on this great discount, I'm really regretting not taking up Dayton on their promotion when it was still active. The boots look great, and the price is really something. It looks like there's been a lot of unhappiness over Dayton's slow and delayed shipping estimates, but the end results really do look worth it.

If anybody isn't happy with the boots that they received, shoot me a PM, and I'll take it off your hands.

I'm a size 9.5D on the Brannock, so I'm guessing an 8 for the Dayton boots.
redface.gif

I'll be sure to PM you if mine don't work out
smile.gif

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gettoasty
brown are nice
They are pretty nice. I thought they would be more red in hue since they're supposed to be cherry or burgundy but in Crump's pics they look like the W+H brown.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay got my Munich black boots. I ordered a size 7.5 E
for the record I'm:
41 in Achilles low CP
7.5 in Alden Indy trubalance

Size wise they are a little snug in the toe are and I have some heel slip. With regular socks (uniqlo) my toes are fine but I feel the heel slip. With THICK socks there is less heel slip but my toes feel crushed.

Anybody know I nubuck leather will stretch width wise? Going o try insoles to eliminate the heel slipping but afraid if I do this it will crunch my toes.

Weird thing is I ordered E but they are stamped EE. probably a mistake. Anyways i had a chance to reorder I would have went with 7 EE

swisschalet

Reaction score
If anybody has an 8.5 that they are going to return, let me know if you want to sell them instead.

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will be getting mine today. Size 8.5E. Will let u know how they fit. Got them in brown.

From the last few pictures, the colour of the leather(brown) seems pretty similar to those of w+h. Not as dark or burgundy like which blazin posted. Perhaps they got a new batch of leather looking more brown than burgundy...

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nazareth
I'll be sure to PM you if mine don't work out
smile.gif

Sounds good. Hope it works out for you, but if not, I'll snatch them off your hands.
satisfied.gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Would like a pair in charcoal, 7.5, any width if someone wants to unload a pair.

Nazareth

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onijo84
I will be getting mine today. Size 8.5E. Will let u know how they fit. Got them in brown.

From the last few pictures, the colour of the leather(brown) seems pretty similar to those of w+h. Not as dark or burgundy like which blazin posted. Perhaps they got a new batch of leather looking more brown than burgundy...

His are the W+H variety and he also oiled them on his own.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads