• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

good interior design sites/mags?

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Me and my fiance are moving into a new place this month. Sold everything and starting from scratch....looking for some decent magazines or websites to give me some ideas. thinking something really sleek and modern....tired of the old victorian style.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions....

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
www.apartmenttherapy.com

particularly some of the DIYs - not sure what kind of budget you're on but the IKEA Rast hack looks epic. My fiance and I did 2 nightstands for the bedroom and they seriously look waaaaaaay nicer than $30.00 nightstands. I put some modern drawer handles on them and the look is super clean.

Also, cb2 is your friend if you want sleek and modern.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
www.apartmenttherapy.com

particularly some of the DIYs - not sure what kind of budget you're on but the IKEA Rast hack looks epic. My fiance and I did 2 nightstands for the bedroom and they seriously look waaaaaaay nicer than $30.00 nightstands. I put some modern drawer handles on them and the look is super clean.

Also, cb2 is your friend if you want sleek and modern.

awesome. budget isnt really set....obviously would like it as little as possible, so i can spend the rest on a new watch.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

and cb2 needs to chime in on some help.
wink.gif

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Siwash

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
great site.....the Zamel house is EXACTLY what I lust after.

Me too...how wide do you think that pool is? 12'?

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Siwash
Me too...how wide do you think that pool is? 12'?

actually i think youre probably pretty close....its narrow for sure...absolutely stunning though.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have read or viewed on a regular basis for 20+ years Elle Decor, Elle Decor UK, Elle Decoration (FR) and Maison Francaise (FR) . I think all of these are inspirational and give you great insight into upcoming trends, interesting color options and exciting new ways to mix and match styles.

In addition look around the design blogs.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
I have read or viewed on a regular basis for 20+ years Elle Decor, Elle Decor UK, Elle Decoration (FR) and Maison Francaise (FR) . I think all of these are inspirational and give you great insight into upcoming trends, interesting color options and exciting new ways to mix and match styles.

In addition look around the design blogs.

i like elle decor too and the spanish architectural digest.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Find Finn
http://thebrickhouse.tumblr.com/ http://www.the-brick-house.com/ (non tumblr version of the one above)
These two are the best posted. Great stuff. Apartment Therapy is a community of fascists. Everything is over-decorated with stupid little trinkets of bourgeois Portland narcissism. Who the hell would write an entry about accessorizing your living room with a bar cart? What a vacuous approach to living. Don't forget to add a stupid apple statue on top.
5929390391_6f0d4c2968_b.jpg
Habitus and Vogue Living are good magazines.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
Apartment Therapy is a community of fascists. Everything is over-decorated with stupid little trinkets of bourgeois Portland narcissism. Who the hell would write an entry about accessorizing your living room with a bar cart? What a vacuous approach to living. Don't forget to add a stupid apple statue on top.

While some of the posts could be quite bad, not everything is over decorated. I would think anyone who had even a remote eye for design would be able to separate the good from the bad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads