• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

kit99bar

Reaction score
I wear the same size in clarks, chucks and 1k mile.

Originally Posted by ADDIC
which size should i go with?

clarks db: 8.5
red wing 8130: 9.5
converse: 9.5

Asath

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm going to be moving to Portland in a few months so I purchased the Wolverine 1000 Mile boots to use as my rain/snow shoes (I currently live in LA). I'm going to Sno Seal the boots, but I figure I should use some sort of boot oil first. Do you guys have any recommendations of a good boot oil? Also what are people's thoughts on commando soles? Anyone have any idea how much it usually costs/is it worth it if I'm going to be in the rain pretty often?

DC Office Hack

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Asath
Hey guys, I'm going to be moving to Portland in a few months so I purchased the Wolverine 1000 Mile boots to use as my rain/snow shoes (I currently live in LA). I'm going to Sno Seal the boots, but I figure I should use some sort of boot oil first. Do you guys have any recommendations of a good boot oil? Also what are people's thoughts on commando soles? Anyone have any idea how much it usually costs/is it worth it if I'm going to be in the rain pretty often?

Search for the many postings on this thread by the guy from the store, Crane's. He's the resident expert on preparing Wolverines for abuse.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question: Would any of the 1000 Mile boots be appropriate to wear with a suit. I tend to wear boots with suits when the fall/winter season rolls around, and am looking to expand my collection to include wolverine. Any thoughts, or someone who currently wears a Wolverine like this?

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L.R.
Quick question: Would any of the 1000 Mile boots be appropriate to wear with a suit. I tend to wear boots with suits when the fall/winter season rolls around, and am looking to expand my collection to include wolverine. Any thoughts, or someone who currently wears a Wolverine like this?

Personally I would say no. They are far too workboot-y.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't think it would look good. It miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight work with a heavy flannel or tweed suit but even then...I can't see it coming together well.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drat. Thanks for the quick responses. I'm in the midst of finding some sleek boot that I can wear with jeans and with a suit. My quest continues....

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, it can look good:

Mike_Cohen_1.jpeg

http://www.acontinuouslean.com/2011/...ns-mike-cohen/

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I like the Trickers, and I've also happened across Allen Edmond's Bayfield. Now if only one comes up on B/S, as the retail for both these options is out of my league currently. Sorry for hijacking the thread, but thanks for the help guys.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
That does not look good at all.

I was thinking the same thing.
Belongs in the black pants/brown shoes fail thread.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by meso
I was thinking the same thing.
Belongs in the black pants/brown shoes fail thread.

He's wearing a blue suit.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bl@ster
He's wearing a blue suit.

That changes nothing. 1000 miles are work boots (whether you're using them for actual work or to look like you do actual work) and look great paired with some nice dark denim and a shirt (flannel shirt, work shirt, hell even a beefy OCBD looks good). Throw on a workwear jacket/blazer thingy that some places (like J Swag) sell and you've got a good look going on. But that's about the extent that you should be dressing them up. Wearing them with a suit is just too much, they weren't made for that.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These new 1000 Mile boots coming next month may satisfy the rule follower mouth breathers in this thread, if you'd wanted to dress boots up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads