• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Atlanta, Georgia

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
im tellin ya man. nashville is awesome. Great place to live. Id pick here over atlanta...even if i had to take a pay cut.
Well I'll definitely have to visit there
smile.gif
Tennessee sounds great too and it's high up on the list of potentials as well. My GF is Latina though, do they have issues with Hispanics over there?

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I lived in Atlanta for four years and couldn't wait to get back to Houston.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
Well I'll definitely have to visit there
smile.gif
Tennessee sounds great too and it's high up on the list of potentials as well.

My GF is Latina though, do they have issues with Hispanics over there?

its really "diverse" here. I seriously doubt you guys would have a problem anywhere.

**my old gf was latin...theres a great latin bar here too...(may be closed now, but it was the ducks nuts when it was open) some REALLY smokin hot ladies.
inlove.gif

Keep in touch when you visit. Ill take some time off and show you guys some good areas.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
I lived in Atlanta for four years and couldn't wait to get back to Houston.
Care to elaborate ?
smile.gif
**my old gf was latin...theres a great latin bar here too...(may be closed now, but it was the ducks nuts when it was open) some REALLY smokin hot ladies.
Well, it's not that she wants to be surrounded by others of her race, she actually likes the idea of being a rarity and "exotic Latina" in some other state, rather than "Just another Mexican" here in TX. But last thing I want to do is up and move to a state that's in the middle of, or about to start some nasty immigration shitfight. And as forgetful as she is, I don't want to have to be having to drive to Tijuana to look for her b/c she forgot her drivers license when she went grocery shopping, and ended up getting deported.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
im tellin ya man. nashville is awesome. Great place to live. Id pick here over atlanta...even if i had to take a pay cut.

Meh, I spend a lot of time in Nashville, and would have to disagree pretty strongly with you on this one. Don't get me wrong, Nashville's a great city, but I'd probably choose Memphis over Nashville, and Atlanta over Memphis. However, this is a very personal thing. The OP would we wise to spend a long weekend in each target city and explore. What I find appealing about Memphis might drive others away. What I dislike about Nashville could be just what the OP is looking for.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This move would be several years away, and I intend to visit all places thanks. But I'd like to get some opinions from locals and people who have visited.

Thanks. Atlanta seems like a good place. I hate traffic more than anything in the world, but realize if I move somewhere with no traffic problem, that will likely mean I'd never be able to find a job heh.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Meh, I spend a lot of time in Nashville, and would have to disagree pretty strongly with you on this one. Don't get me wrong, Nashville's a great city, but I'd probably choose Memphis over Nashville, and Atlanta over Memphis. However, this is a very personal thing. The OP would we wise to spend a long weekend in each target city and explore. What I find appealing about Memphis might drive others away. What I dislike about Nashville could be just what the OP is looking for.

holy hell I hate memphis more than any city in the states. Its the hairy, smelly, rotten butthole of the south. Atlanta is pretty cool, but the traffic and heat keep me away. No way would i live there. nashville is pretty central to a lot of stuff, which makes it a winner for me personally.

memphis....yuck.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
it does have some hot wimmyn though.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
holy hell I hate memphis more than any city in the states. Its the hairy, smelly, rotten butthole of the south. Atlanta is pretty cool, but the traffic and heat keep me away. No way would i live there. nashville is pretty central to a lot of stuff, which makes it a winner for me personally.

memphis....yuck.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
it does have some hot wimmyn though.

lol, you've hit most of the reasons I actually like Memphis..

Can't imagine the heat in Atlanta being much worse than Nashville though. I mean seriously, can you really tell a difference between 92 and 96?

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
lol, you've hit most of the reasons I actually like Memphis..

Can't imagine the heat in Atlanta being much worse than Nashville though. I mean seriously, can you really tell a difference between 92 and 96?

sounds strange but yeah...theres a noticeable difference. It feels like they keep the buildings warmer to me. outside may be the same, but we bounced between 2 hotels and they were both hot as balls in the room. Seemed every store, restaurant, bathroom, bar, etc just turned the A/C off and said F*ck it.
laugh.gif

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sounds strange but yeah...theres a noticeable difference. It feels like they keep the buildings warmer to me. outside may be the same, but we bounced between 2 hotels and they were both hot as balls in the room. Seemed every store, restaurant, bathroom, bar, etc just turned the A/C off and said F*ck it.
laugh.gif

energy efficiency my friend, it's the new green..

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
energy efficiency my friend, it's the new green..

heh heh. yeah. not in my house.
wink.gif

Renton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ole War Skule
Ethnic cuisine here in Houston is far better than anything Atlanta can offer up.

+1 I head to Buford Highway every time I'm in Atlanta but Houston wins out, especially for dim sum.

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It feels like they keep the buildings warmer to me. outside may be the same, but we bounced between 2 hotels and they were both hot as balls in the room. Seemed every store, restaurant, bathroom, bar, etc just turned the A/C off and said F*ck it.
laugh.gif

never fly into their **** hole airport then.....

i've flown through there in the winter and it felt like the thermostat was set at 85.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Renton
+1 I head to Buford Highway every time I'm in Atlanta but Houston wins out, especially for dim sum.

Oh yes, ever been to Lai Lai Dumpling House?

Renton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
Oh yes, ever been to Lai Lai Dumpling House?

Can't say that I have, but I'll check it out the next time I'm in Houston. My usual Houston dumplings haunts are Kim Son, Fung's, and sometimes Fu Fu Cafe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads