• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All Things Hippity and Hoppity

blakhart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Overstand
The Joy by Kanye featuring Jay-Z, from G.O.O.D. Fridays is one of the best hip hop songs of the past year... Beat and all verses are nice.

With that said, I'm anticipating Watch the Throne... And hoping it doesn't suck.

+1

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
Haha, so you dislike Jay-Z because he is a "bit" of a sexist, but you are a huge Ghostface fan? **** you.
In his raps, Jay-Z puts women down. Ghostface Killah praises them. Yes, Ghostface wants to **** everything in the room (who doesn't?), but Jay-Z is, like, 'you're a dumb ****, I am above you.' While Ghostface is, like, 'oh, gurl, you're ******* sexy as ****, will you ************?'. See the difference?

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
In his raps, Jay-Z puts women down. Ghostface Killah praises them. Yes, Ghostface wants to **** everything in the room (who doesn't?), but Jay-Z is, like, 'you're a dumb ****, I am above you.' While Ghostface is, like, 'oh, gurl, you're ******* sexy as ****, will you ************?'. See the difference?
Nope, this is wrong. Let's move on to another topic.

Philip

Reaction score
arton6537.jpg

I've listened to this over a hundred times. I cried when i missed him in Sydney even though I had tickets, but apparently he wasn't too pumped up on playing here.

On another note, Tyler lovers, I'd like to understand why?

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who/what is that?

And yea I missed the OFGWTKA bus too.

B Hamilton

Reaction score
The Joy by Kanye featuring Jay-Z, from G.O.O.D. Fridays is one of the best hip hop songs of the past year... Beat and all verses are nice.

With that said, I'm anticipating Watch the Throne... And hoping it doesn't suck.

It was one of my least favorites, but people really seemed to like it. Chain Heavy has become my favorite, taking the spot from Christian Dior Denim Flow

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on Chain Heavy. Ye went off

Philip

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
Who/what is that?

And yea I missed the OFGWTKA bus too.

Mos Def's The Ecstatic. I'd recommend Casa Bey and History if you're interested.

Philip

Reaction score
+1000!
bounce2.gif

what are your faves off the album?

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You obviously haven't listened to anything by either artist. Why reply?
eh.gif

Ghostface is why I started to rap myself. I'm actually listening to his feature with the Cool Kids now. I'm equally well versed with Jay's work. Jay's married. Ghostface's female catalog includes 'Wildflower' and 'Greedy Bitches'. Like I said you're so wrong it's not worth talking about. Next topic.

Speaking of the Cool Kids their new album is cool, but a little repetitive. However, the 1-2-3 punch of them, Kendrick Lamar's Section.80 and Lil B's album have had me on a nice buzz.

Any of you degenerates going to "Rock The Bells" this year? The lineup is
bounce2.gif

Overstand

Reaction score
Breakdown of Kanye:

Kanye is a genius with a vision who has many resources. He uses these resources to reach his vision. Whether it be ghost writers, ghost producers, stylists, other artists, samples, fine artists.

I have been a fan before College Dropout and have liked pretty much every album he dropped. I like how every album has a certain concept or sound that is distinctive but it all comes together as a whole and is 'Kanye'. He executes every album with a look, feel, art work, videos, hype, etc. He even has some great features with verses that beat some of his own songs.

Although he is an egoistical asshole and I think he would do himself a favor by just shutting the **** up and letting his art do the talking... I don't really mind it because it makes it interesting in a "this guy is insane" kind of way.

But the one thing I don't like is that you never really know which work Kanye is responsible for. I know there are many rappers that have written for him and some producers that helped him with his various sounds.

Ghostwriters for Kanye:
Rhymefest
Consequence
GLC
Kid Cudi
Big Sean
Pusha T
plus...

I have noticed pretty much every artist that Kanye signs does some ghost writing for him. It seems that before any artist on GOOD Music gets a release of their own they put in some work on Kanye's projects. You can see this based on Kanye's albums. In his early career Rhymefest helped him get his first Grammy for Jesus Walks, which was originally his song. On College Dropout, Late Registration, and Graduation you can hear either the influence or straight lyrics from the first 3 rappers I listed above.

He signed Cudi before 808s and Heartbreak and that album has Cudi written all over it. Then you can tell the Big Sean influences in a lot of his features from around 2009 until now and also on Dark Twisted Fantasy, in which Pusha T also pitched in.

Since Consequence is not GOOD Music and longer he has called Kanye out on most of this.

I'm not hating because I am a fan. Like I said when he drops an album he does it from every aspect as a whole. He also puts on a good live show from what I have seen... Although, no rapper has perfected this (Jay is pretty close).

And yes I am familiar that many artists (musical, fine artist) have people around them that help create works...

Rant over. Sorry for the long post. Just my thoughts.

B Hamilton

Reaction score
Breakdown of Kanye:

Kanye is a .....

I agree with a lot of what you said. I've always tried to give Kanye the benefit re: ghostwriting but I see a lot of fingerprints in his lyrics. Sean lately has def had an influence. I think kanye gets really locked in on an idea and can execute it for the lead-up until the album, the album itself, and right after. a lot of artist can't sustain that and their projects reflect. he gets much credit for that. in terms of resources...i cant fault him for it. his time as a producer primarily really helped him in terms of features, money, influence. since his resources have grown he;s brought in great people. but hey plenty of artists have resources at their disposal and make crap so thats a + for ye

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads