• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

Dj5h1fT

Reaction score
I'm not even sure how long I've been wearing my Greys for.
IMG_3260.jpg
IMG_3261.jpg
IMG_3262.jpg
Japan Heritage
IMG_3263.jpg
IMG_3264.jpg
Big John
IMG_3267.jpg
IMG_3268.jpg
I haven't worn my Japan Heritage or Big Johns yet.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopke
I think you could do a size 33 in skinny guy. It will stretch out to 33.5 if not more. The most popular ones for skinny guy is deep indigo -- I don't think you can go wrong with that.

Bad advice. You do know that jean sizes don't usually mean they are that actually that width right?

Gatsbee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by meso
Bad advice. You do know that jean sizes don't usually mean they are that actually that width right?

Skinny Guy usually run TTS from what I hear though I thought?

effang

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dj5h1fT
I'm not even sure how long I've been wearing my Greys for.

IMG_3260.jpg

nice fit for the gray jeans. how tall are you? i have the WG's as well, but still figuring out which one to hold, and how much to hem.

dopke

Reaction score
Originally Posted by meso

Then give the man some advice. From my own experience, it's been TTS with skinny guys.

If he had asked about weird guys, I would have said size down 1.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what shoes are those

AirRayAllen20

Reaction score
i think those are Sebago boat shoes. Also, most skinny guys are a +1 inch bigger than the actual tagged sizes.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by .Krazy
I'm new to raw denim, I've been thinking about purchasing a pair of N & F Skinny Guy jeans. I'm just not sure how the sizing runs. My waist measures 33.5, and I like my jeans to fit rather slim but not skin tight. And I'm 6'4" and 175 lbs, so I'm pretty skinny. So would the skinny guys be right for me? What would be the best size also? And what is the best jean to start out with for my first pair? I'm not sure which ones bcuz there are so many different types under each fit. I realize that this has probably been asked a lot, so I'm sorry. I would really appreciate ya'lls help though. Thanks!

IME, Skinny Guys run about 1" bigger than tagged in terms of their actual waist measurement. For you, I would probably go with a 32.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopke
Then give the man some advice. From my own experience, it's been TTS with skinny guys.

If he had asked about weird guys, I would have said size down 1.

Okay, here's my advice:
Look at a size chart. Thee end.
http://blueowl.us

equinox102

Reaction score
Hmm my 32 Skinny Guys (Broken Twill) measure up at exactly 32. Wonder if they're mislabelled 31s...

Dj5h1fT

Reaction score
Originally Posted by effang
nice fit for the gray jeans. how tall are you? i have the WG's as well, but still figuring out which one to hold, and how much to hem.
Thanks! I'm about 6'.
Originally Posted by cb_32
what shoes are those
AirRayAllen is right. They're Sebago boat shoes.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ahh nice, they look pretty awesome

better than sperrys actually, i think i know what boat shoe im getting next

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads