• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol

5915702892_712d78a5b7_b.jpg

Blog Marley

Reaction score
Just paid 3k for summer school tuition
ffffuuuu.gif
makes it a bit harder to cop. If I wear mostly Medium and 50 in Geller should I roll with a US 38 or 40 (for Jil suit).

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
lol

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6047/...2d78a5b7_b.jpg

Is that in Chicago? Did u take that pic? I like it.

Originally Posted by KitAkira
Yeah, they all look like the super high gorge cuts, not a fan. Also, that's 46US which is basically as large as my 3-man tent. Did see some stuff on there that made me want to break my no-buying policy. That gray Lanvin blazer is mad cheap.

They have the US34 which is an It44. You put that on your list of accessible sizes too.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
They have the US34 which is an It44. You put that on your list of accessible sizes too.
Only 34 online is the $1980 one, I can get 2 very nice suits for that price

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Milan showroom. http://www.flickr.com/photos/tresbie...7627146126168/

awesome. thanks for the link. there is a lot in that show id like to cop. like those python boots and the python print tshirts. a couple knits. some shoes and the transparent coats.

Originally Posted by KitAkira
Only 34 online is the $1980 one, I can get 2 very nice suits for that price

oh, earlier when he posted the link the It 44 was still available. you snooze you lose.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
You don't need to cover up the truth.
saywhatsaywhatsaywhat
Originally Posted by LA Guy
The Roosevelt and the Florentine Gardens (is that place still open, really?) are flip sides of the same LA coin. I personally prefer to go to neither. One is pretentious, and one is plain douchey. I only went to the Roosevelt a few times when I stayed in the hotel, and any Florentine Gardens visits were the result of poor, drunken decisions. Give me a divey bar over either of those, any time. The last really fun LA bar I went to was some random place full of cougars and old Argentinian dudes that we stumbled in by mistake. I don't even remember where it was, except that it was off the freeway somewhere between Beverly Hills and Pasadena. No, there were no hit girls there. Well, maybe one. There were a few hot women there, if you are into the older MILFs. But man, the place was lit up. We ended up doing shots with some bikers and playing poker. No idea how that happened either. It was a blurry night.
Wait are you saying it's cool not to like hot chicks now? Do you have an outdated frame of reference? Having a bit of nostalgia remember the old century club, best club of all time and you couldn't get in with jeans on circa 2000. Man those were the best times.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Wait are you saying it's cool not to like hot chicks now? Do you have an outdated frame of reference?

Having a bit of nostalgia remember the old century club, best club of all time and you couldn't get in with jeans on circa 2000. Man those were the best times.

I'm saying that the Roosevelt is not that fun.

You could get into the Century Club with jeans. I remember wearing my first pair of APCs into that place. I dunno about the best times. The bouncers used the no-jeans policy mainly to keep people they didn't want in out. I do remember some strong drinks, that there were a lot of levels, and that there were always a lot of Russian dudes in leather blazers waiting to get in.

Did you guys ever go to The Dragonfly in Hollywood? Good music, hot girls, sketchy dudes. I went there once with a guy whose real name was Cash. Really. Cash. And he wore a $ sign on a chain too.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I'm saying that the Roosevelt is not that fun. You could get into the Century Club with jeans. I remember wearing my first pair of APCs into that place. I dunno about the best times. The bouncers used the no-jeans policy mainly to keep people they didn't want in out. I do remember some strong drinks, that there were a lot of levels, and that there were always a lot of Russian dudes in leather blazers waiting to get in. Did you guys ever go to The Dragonfly in Hollywood? Good music, hot girls, sketchy dudes. I went there once with a guy whose real name was Cash. Really. Cash. And he wore a $ sign on a chain too.
There are so many things to do there that maybe you weren't aware of and I ain't gonna blow the spot. Re: CC, up to the peak you could not wear jeans I don't care who you were then in the last few years of its decline you could and this was the time most LA clubs started embracing jeans in what was the downward spiral of nightlife in the city which hit critical mass in 05-06 with the introduction of ed hardy. This is why dre raps "at the century club, with my jeans on and my team strong". I don't think I ever went to dragonfly it was always CC plus sunset room, the gate, goodbar, dublins, miyagis (before the asians caught wind of it). Actually first time at miyagis was around 2000 as well so CC was def late 90s when it was poppin. CC had the best music and always bumped dre and tupac with 3 different dancefloors, I used to c walk with all the bruvas in the hip hop room (0).

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I went to my first club in portland in 5 years last night, my friend recommended it. I go to buy a round of drinks for my beezies so I go to the bar. I don't know if there's a line or what, so I turn to the woman next to me and the following conversation ensues:

me: excuse me, is this a line to order drinks?
sarcastic *****: umm... does it *look* like a line?
me: I guess so, just wanted to check
sarcastic *****: then you're *in* line then, aren't you.
me: apparently
sarcastic *****: well good for you then!

people have been killed for less

got the **** out of there and went to somewhere with people under 30.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^what's it like to be back in the usa? I'm scared of going back
Originally Posted by sq4you
You talking about oldSFer? It's otter. The inevitable ban hammer is about to drop soon.
The guy keeps a personal spankbank of my photos.
uhoh.gif

no it's not, they act nothing alike

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Everyone is ugly and rides a fixed-gear bike. I also forgot how unsafe America is compared to Asia. Looking fwd to going back to HK in 3 weeks, if I don't get stabbed first.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude, head up to NE Portland if you're lookin' to get stabbed. Lots of good stuff up there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads