• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
Arrived back from HKG with a delivery from P Johnson at my office..

For the life of me, I can't find the P Johnson threak.
110708165.jpg

110708164.jpg

For more details, you know where to find

Post some 'ere. ;-)

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...=229772&page=7

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ What tie is that you are wearing Phat Guido?

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PregnantBob
When did you pick these up? At the monthly clothing markets?

I live a block away, I really should have gone. Will try and find these next tiem.

Yeah mate, just cruising the markets on a chilly Sunday morning

There were two pairs of Tods in about a UK7 also and these in a UK10

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahman
Thanks for the info guys.
Today's the day! Going bird watching after work. Expecting to spot a muster of peacocks with a fluff in their breasts at the Sofitel
laugh.gif

I wonder how easy it is to spot you boys: pocket square, short hemmed pants, English shoes (and more likely to be oxfords) and foraging for items a lot of other men won't dare approach?

Good hunting, mate!

xiaoli

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahman
Sexy!

Edit: just in preparation for the herringbone sale, how slim are the herringbone trousers?
Sau compared to Rhodes and Beckett, or if PeeGee or anyone else knows cpmpared to the Sarti DItalia pants.

Trying to work out whether to snatch up size 30 or 32 cotton trousers/ chinos as I can be a little in between sizes.

I have a pair of khakis in 32 and a pair of reds in 30... they both fit pretty slim. It's those cotton w/ elastane dry clean only pants from Turkey.

Maybe I should buy clothes with an empty stomach so I can buy more consistent sizes...

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PG, where is that shawl collar cardigan from? the one featured on 'you know where'?

__PG__

Reaction score
blahman - before you go bananas at the Herringbone sale, perhaps you should check if American Tailors have started their sale yet.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PeeGee: you are down right cruel.

I'm already pretty cash-strapped this month.
ffffuuuu.gif

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaypee
Yeah mate, just cruising the markets on a chilly Sunday morning There were two pairs of Tods in about a UK7 also and these in a UK10
They are very nice - expensive slippers - jaypee - wear them with dressing gown and PJs, to watch TV, to take out garbage, pick up paper in morning , or run outside to car at night to get something. OTOH if you read the sartorialist you'll slip them on with a suit or pants with no sock and hoicked up above your ankles to go out to a bar.

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
He needs to button down those button-down shirt collars. Or wear non-button-down collared shirts.

He does not "need" to do anything. This is one of his personal quirks, and from what I can tell his style has a lot of love here and through his MostExerent blog. I am a fan of most of what he wears (on him), and even the stuff I do not like I understand that it is HIS style and his, very well informed, choice to wear it.

Not that anyone needs me to stand up for them. But that is not my point, nor do I mean to have a go. I am just bored of people saying you need do this or you have to do that, and these are THE rules. Better to phrase it as "In my opinion, he would look better if..." or "I would have..." instead of hard and fast rules with no flexiblity for individuality and personal style. Treat any rules as guidelines. I am sure I am guilty of stressing "rules" in the past too.

Anyway... I cannot make it to the Herringbone sale until possibly Wednesday, if at all. I do not really need anything, saving for a trip to P Johnson Tailors but am looking for a small favour. Can any of you nice Melbourne SFers who are going let me know if there are any knit ties (with colours and prices) available? It would be appreciated, happy hunting.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ except if there are any nice knit ties, I probably already kopped them for myself, if others haven't already done so.
laugh.gif

elvish

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
He needs to button down those button-down shirt collars. Or wear non-button-down collared shirts.

I don't think you can button the shirts down...

I like the look, as PS mentioned, it sets one apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads