• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WAYWT7911.jpg

IMO this looks better than your jacketed fits.

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabe
Didn't feel on doing jacket/tie today, and was only out doing some errands.
WAYWT7911.jpg
Proper pants, just for you Navi!

I like the shape of the shirt. Working well, casual.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Achillus
IMO.. Jacket - shoulders too small - see divots - chest of coat too tight - size up - lapel width is in keeping with the slim style Shirt - something not right about the collar size - I prefer collar points no visible Tie - knot is too BIG for the slim style - tighten not Frames - burn em

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
IMO.. Jacket - shoulders too small - see divots - chest of coat too tight - size up - lapel width is in keeping with the slim style Shirt - something not right about the collar size - I prefer collar points no visible Tie - knot is too BIG for the slim style - tighten not Frames - burn em
Thanks. I know that tie knot is wrong, but didn't know it, till i find it out on the laptop. Normally i use the four in the hand or the half windsor. It's actually an older picture, but i'm wearing the jacket atm.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks, PG, for the detailed feedback that I've been asking for. I'll take these points into consideration.

FTFY

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sonny58
Thanks to those of you who offered me feedback on my original posting. I tried to take it to heart and as a result came up with the following. To be more specific, I tried to go for more contrast, shorter trousers and lighter shoes. I also included the apparently requisite robot pose with some photos of details attached. Again, I will be very appreciative of any constructive criticisms.

7-9-2011-1.jpg

7-9-2011-2.jpg

7-9-2011-3.jpg

7-9-2011-5.jpg

7-9-2011-4.jpg

Sonny,

Looks good.

I still want to see you try adding some fairly rich shade of blue to make the warm browns pop out.

I'm not sure why your jacket is puckering at the button, as it doesn't look too tight at the waist in general. Does this happen frequently with this jacket or did this pose just happen to catch a brief moment?

Keep up the good work.
smile.gif

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Are the sleeves on Fred's jacket the right length (i.e., he needs a shirt with longer sleeves), or should the jacket sleeves be shortened?

Originally Posted by Gdot
I think the jacket sleeves should be shortened just a bit - about 1/2". And his shirt sleeves should be exactly as long as his jacket sleeve is currently.
That's my assessment as well.

Originally Posted by Sonny58
7-9-2011-1.jpg

I'd have chosen a different shirt (color), but aside from that I like this outfit, Sonny. I agree with the other member who suggested that perhaps the waist of the jacket narrows at a point too high up your torso. Good, useful pics this time. By the way, is that your own yard in the background? If so, very nice.

WAYWT7911.jpg

I really like the fit of your shirt, wannabe. Is it a little too snug, though, for comfort?

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WAYWT7911.jpg

The colours nearly don't work (the dark trousers with burgundy I'm a little dubious of, personally), but I love the way the belt is a near-perfect match of the shoes! Really ties the get-up together! Nice one! (And I'm glad you don't have glare-eyes today!
biggrin.gif
)
Huh? Weedy lapels? IMO, your jacket looks great! I wish my navy (is that navy?) blazer fit that well on me! Loafers, no socks is the way to go; haha!
Thanks a lot, man!
smile.gif
yZou7l.jpg

Although the jacket is pushing the thin lapels, Mad Men trend, it's a nice colour palette! Tighten that tie knot, though! I think a three-point PS fold would suit that better (no pun intended), as it would add some flair!
smile.gif
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire
376.JPG
367.JPG
366.JPG

bounce2.gif
/*masturbating to those shoes!

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To me his constant reference to "Italian" style brings to mind the one and only Spallacamiccia, who always got defensive over his pinstripe jacket / jeans combos and kept repeating how that's the "European" way to dress.

Sonny58

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JordanH.
I like the shirt, nice and summery. I like the jacket, too, but separate from the shirt.
OK. I see I need to spend more time picking my shirts. It's funny, I have quite a few shirts but when I look at my line up I see a lot of light colors that don't look much different from each other. That's sort of why I picked this one. Guess being the defacto non-light shirt doesn't make it work.
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by Ianiceman
@Sunny:
Another very decent summery smart-casual combo. Something about the fit of that jacket is off, particularly in the lower quarters which seem uneven but this may be a function of it being too big around the waist and hips. Maybe if you have it nipped at the waist it will hang better. not sure about this so anyone better I formed please chip in![/spoiler]

I struggle with all my jackets for similar reasons. My natural waist is really high which may be part of the problem.

Your fit is pretty good, and I like your pants. I think what Iamniceman is referring to is your waist suppression being a little high? I'm not quite sure about this though.[/spoiler]
I'm beginning to wonder if my high natural waist is responsible for the suppression being so high.

Originally Posted by Gdot
Sonny,

Looks good.

I still want to see you try adding some fairly rich shade of blue to make the warm browns pop out.

I'm not sure why your jacket is puckering at the button, as it doesn't look too tight at the waist in general. Does this happen frequently with this jacket or did this pose just happen to catch a brief moment?

Keep up the good work.
smile.gif
I'm going to have to work on the rich blue shirt. I don't know if I have anything right now. As for the pucker, this jacket has a tendency to do that. I attribute it to the very light weight of the fabric but I'm sure there are fit issues that can be addressed. It certainly isn't tight around the waist but it is a little tight across the upper back. I think I will ask my tailor about it.

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
That's my assessment as well.

I'd have chosen a different shirt (color), but aside from that I like this outfit, Sonny. I agree with the other member who suggested that perhaps the waist of the jacket narrows at a point too high up your torso. Good, useful pics this time. By the way, is that your own yard in the background? If so, very nice.
As I mentioned previously, I'm going to have to work on some new shirt colors I think. It will be a good exercise. And my tailor will need to figure out the jacket issue. It does hang very nicely at times but it seems to get a bit off kilter also. Like I said above, the fabric is extremely light weight so that might also be part of the problem. And yes, the photos were taken in my back yard. Thanks for the compliment.

Thanks again everyone for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads