• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Am I skinny normal or fat?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pennglock
You possess what is referred to around here as the "connemara" body-type.

laugh.gif
Ouch.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower

Do P90X and post the pics in this thread after you've completed the program.

Then you can meet a really nice girl, have some really nice sex.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
damn SF can bring out some weird people.

your belly button is frowning. your fat.

insomb

Reaction score
you're not fat, just out of shape. i think.

edit: but that out of shape is fat, but once you start working out, that will go away. i think.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're fat in my book. Lucky for you, you are young and can probably make reasonably short work of your situation if you get your diet and exercise in check.

Get after it.

ice

Reaction score
Take advice from a professional fighter and fitness enthusiast.

You're both skinny and fat. Some bodybuilders term this build as skinny-fat. Skinny because you have small muscles, none of your muscles can actually be seen, and if you lost all that fat without building or losing muscle you would be a 150 pound rat or alike. And you're fat, for obvious reasons, because you have about 50 pounds excess weight.

This is not a nightmare however, You can make enormous improvements in your looks in half a year of serious hard training and strict nutrition. And in 2 years or more you could be very, very outstanding.

It all depends on how much you want to change your build. I was a fat kid, and I was sick of it and I put my health, looks as my top priority in life. I hardly believe that was the best choice for me. I motivated myself further with competition in combat sports.

What you have to do is start doing hard, regular exercises based on weight training with smart strict nutrition. That means, squats, benchpress, pullups, pushups, with some swimming and running combined with a nutrition that is filled with meat, fish, cottage cheese, almonds, vegetables and fruits that have LOW GI and foods like that that are high in protein and low in carbs. Avoid candies, fried foods, foods that are high in calories that come in carbs like pasta, both white and integral, bread, both white and whole wheat, avoid that **** at all costs. It has a bad calorie/nutritional value ratio.

In other words, it means it has shitloads of calories and gives little of minerals, vitamins and other good nutritional parts. For fats its best to eat fish and fish oil. Again, AVOID FOOD FRYING and avoid junk food. Candies, ice cream, soda, juices, sandwiches, alcohol, sugar, etc.

For liquid, drink only watter, for food eat what I told you. In half a year following this nutritional program and Rigorous training you will do wonders. In 2 years you could become a model. No bullshit.

If you need any more convicting I can show you pictures of what I did to my body.

The biggest part is in you. You have to want this so bad and you have to have balls to do it. Put it no. 1 priority in your life and don't get scared of hard training and you will achieve wonders.

HelloIDistance

Reaction score
Yeah OP you are fat. Did you really need us to tell you that? Just start working out and eating right. Not hard.

ice

Reaction score
As requested by PM I will post a pic. It took me 2 years to achieve this. If I were smarter and knew more I could have achieved better than this in a year. I noticed best improvements when I started lifting weights and reduced long running and replaced it with more intense exercises.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/225/56435713.jpg/

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ice
As requested by PM I will post a pic. It took me 2 years to achieve this. If I were smarter and knew more I could have achieved better than this in a year. I noticed best improvements when I started lifting weights and reduced long running and replaced it with more intense exercises.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/225/56435713.jpg/

Your calves suck.

ice

Reaction score
If I leg kicked you, you'd think otherwise
biggrin.gif
It's genetical, I tried real hard with different exercises, but nothing really did to enhance them, so I don't bother. Yes I'd be happier if I had bigger calves, but on the other hand all girls that I dated and hand sex didn't make any remarks about my calves, so It doesn't matter. With that comment you remind me of my training friend who told everyone at the gym how fucked up their gynecomastia is. The guy is a mental case.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ice
Take advice from a professional fighter and fitness enthusiast.

You're both skinny and fat. Some bodybuilders term this build as skinny-fat. Skinny because you have small muscles, none of your muscles can actually be seen, and if you lost all that fat without building or losing muscle you would be a 150 pound rat or alike. And you're fat, for obvious reasons, because you have about 50 pounds excess weight.

He's 150 lbs now, no way is he carrying 50 lbs of excess fat.

I mean, the overall point stands, but let's not give the kid a panic attack about having to lose a third of his body mass.

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you leg kicked me, you're right, I'd think otherwise of you.

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ice
Yes I'd be happier if I had bigger calves, but on the other hand all girls that I dated and hand sex didn't make any remarks about my calves, so It doesn't matter.

You're an idiot.

ice

Reaction score
Do you real mean that? Thank you.
Originally Posted by Gibonius
He's 150 lbs now, no way is he carrying 50 lbs of excess fat. I mean, the overall point stands, but let's not give the kid a panic attack about having to lose a third of his body mass.
With 150 pounds on that build he'd have to be very short. I am not giving the kid a panic attack, unless he takes it as that. He can surely lose 5 pounds of fat a month while simultaneously building muscle.

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. You are the douchebag that starts as an insecure ***** and decides to get in shape so that he can land some quick *****. Then, after said ***** is finally procured, he ends up narcissistically obsessing over every aspect of his body because he now equates muscle girth with affection, and feeds his insecurities (which never went away to begin with) by spending every day in the gym so that he can feel like he is improving himself and getting somewhere. When, really, all he is doing is vacuous and meaningless. And then, he comes online to post pictures of himself to feel better, and get even more satisfaction by seeing people fawn over his newly sculpted body (his only source of confidence)...Yes, I know you.

If larger calves would make you happy, you really don't get it, dude.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics